• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

$300.000 starting offer

A sell over 375K will shatter the Hulk 1 9.2 Northland copy, though the one sold on Pedigree already did. Would this be a new record for a 9.2. :o

Are you sure? The Northland sold for $325 2 years ago but just resold for $375 recently.

I wouldn't think 3% or 4% more is 'shattering' anything.

So yeah, AF15 9.2 just shattered the Hulk 1 9.2 Northland sale.

My post was directed at showcase22gr1959 claiming $375 or even $392 being a 'shattering' result.

$300.000 starting offer

A sell over 375K will shatter the Hulk 1 9.2 Northland copy, though the one sold on Pedigree already did. Would this be a new record for a 9.2. :o

Are you sure? The Northland sold for $325 2 years ago but just resold for $375 recently.

I wouldn't think 3% or 4% more is 'shattering' anything.

Even $1 above is shattered. ;)

That is a strong sale but in the grand scheme of things it also just continues to push up the Hulk #1 9.4 value.

Because we've had several AF #15 9.6 sales to set a baseline, the lower grade prices fall into place quite nicely.

The lone Hulk #1 9.4 is a legendary book and many old school collectors (and I) actually have no idea where it would end if it came up for sale.

I'm not saying Hulk #1 is more valuable an AF #15 but because it's so much tougher of a book in grade it's hard to figure out how hard a high end buyer would pursue it.

Oh and by the way, that's Ghost Town's copy !! I make quite the detective :acclaim:

Major congrats Barton :golfclap:

Wow.. :applause: Did Barton upgrade?

Do not know but it is his copy re-holdered.

Yes, graded in 2005. If the CGC had double the amount of graded Hulk 1 (which will be around the same amount of AF15), there would be more Hulk 1 in 8.0+ grade....but of course not 9.4+

Edited by showcase22gr1959

That is a strong sale but in the grand scheme of things it also just continues to push up the Hulk #1 9.4 value.

Because we've had several AF #15 9.6 sales to set a baseline, the lower grade prices fall into place quite nicely.

The lone Hulk #1 9.4 is a legendary book and many old school collectors (and I) actually have no idea where it would end if it came up for sale.

I'm not saying Hulk #1 is more valuable an AF #15 but because it's so much tougher of a book in grade it's hard to figure out how hard a high end buyer would pursue it.

I agree, unless another Hulk 1 9.4 pops up in the census...it will be an anomaly and doesn't necessary mean more valuable than AF15 in other respective grades.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Sold for 460K (full asking price) !!!

So yeah, AF15 9.2 just shattered the Hulk 1 9.2 Northland sale although maybe the buyer is seeing 9.4 potential.

Most definitely a very beautiful copy that would look good in anybody's collection. :cloud9:

Not sure about a potential upgrade to 9.4 with the new grading team that is in place at CGC. Especially since this copy here has quite a few color breaking spine ticks which is a definite no-no when it comes to defects in this shifting game of grading. (shrug)