• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Not to mention eBay caps fees at $750. And very few folks can PayPal 100k off a cc, so likely cash buyer (wire, check, etc). so really looking at less than 1%...not 13%

Edited by G.A.tor

9 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Not to mention eBay caps fees at $750. And very few folks can PayPal 100k off a cc, so likely cash buyer (wire, check, etc). so really looking at less than 1%...not 13%

Thnx for clarification gator ...

5 minutes ago, CashMoney said:

Seems like more than a handful of folks on this board don't even know that $100M means $100,000 -- they think is means $100MM (i.e., $100 million).  

Touché, you learn something new everyday. 

Yeah, and what kind of car does he drive? Does he shop at Wal-Mart? How about insurance, GEICO or no?  (shrug)

If the know-it-alls on the board were half as smart as they think they are, they'd be the ones talking about their $500K income and Million Dollar+ windfall.  lol

49 minutes ago, CashMoney said:

Seems like more than a handful of folks on this board don't even know that $100M means $100,000 -- they think is means $100MM (i.e., $100 million). 

That's because a lot of people other than accountants use the metric terminology for thousand / million (k / M) rather than the Roman numeral based M / MM.  It's just a dumb coincidence that both systems happen to use M.

53 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Yeah, and what kind of car does he drive? Does he shop at Wal-Mart? How about insurance, GEICO or no?  (shrug)

If the know-it-alls on the board were half as smart as they think they are, they'd be the ones talking about their $500K income and Million Dollar+ windfall.  lol

The REALLY smart ones would never discuss or disclose such things at all on a random internet chat board about comic books. :)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 hour ago, CashMoney said:

Further,  you need to ask yourself whether posting here is the most objective and best way to seek investing advice.  Seems like more than a handful of folks on this board don't even know that $100M means $100,000 -- they think is means $100MM (i.e., $100 million).  In any event, you seem like a relatively successful guy, so you should probably stick with your day job -- and let the dreamers continue to believe that comic prices perpetually rise.  Buy a house or $100M worth of SPDR S&P 500 ETF shares.   Save the pain for the dreamers.

You quoted his entire post twice, yet somehow missed this important point:
"I don't really care about future value of the issue. I can't imagine being in financial straights again and needed to sell. So it will just sit on my wall for the rest of my life to remember that moment."

He didn't come here for investment advice. He didn't mention anything about speculation. In fact, his post doesn't ask for advice at all. His post suggests he came here for confirmation that purchasing an AF15 was a wise choice given his parameters. Which it is. There has been a lot of discussion among experts (and... others) in the field within this very thread for over two months now on this very subject.

If you want to give actual useful financial and investment advice to someone in this thread, you quoted the wrong person.

Edited by ProcessedMeatMan

17 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Wow,  not only the new Comic Oracle of Canada, the Oracle of Gold but now Oracle of Real Estate.  Damn,  the Matrix is exploding today.  The Oracle of October better step up his game 

Keep me out of this. 

I dunno... with the exception of one or two persistently LOUD folks around here, the underlying and dominant advice (if someone comes around asking) is to collect and buy what you love/like cause you ain't gonna make no money. I got back into the hobby after 30 years and I'm having a fun time spending large/small amounts on books I love. I need the Miller DD run in 9.8, newsstand only. And I need a piece of Miller OA in case anyone cares. 

45 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

I'm not feeling the love.  Out of sight out of mind.  Jilted again.

Post your concerns in the "Ask Gator" thread that you likely have bookmarked. He can help. 

4 minutes ago, october said:

Post your concerns in the "Ask Gator" thread that you likely have bookmarked. He can help. 

Hmmm,  that response might be better answer by the Oracle in February on Valentines day.

6 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

If you had the option would you rather have an 8.0 and 7.5 or

one  7.5 and two 7.0s?

Personally would prefer the 3 copies as it would be hard for me to discern between a grade or two apart, vs. the clear distinction of having 3 copies instead of 2.

6 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

If you had the option would you rather have an 8.0 and 7.5 or

one  7.5 and two 7.0s?

I would go with the 8.0 and the 7.5. 

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

I would go with the 8.0 and the 7.5. 

I'd like to own a raw reader copy to enjoy (and smell) but I don't want to cough up 10k. Wish I woulda kept the $75 beat up copy I purchased back in '86. :sorry:

4 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

I'd like to own a raw reader copy to enjoy (and smell) but I don't want to cough up 10k. Wish I woulda kept the $75 beat up copy I purchased back in '86. :sorry:

:cloud9: for the $75 beater!