• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, mosconi said:

No way....the buyer will regret ever using that buy it now button!! I do not understand these buyers do they not know the saying if it looks to good to be true it most likely is.....in this case it is for sure.

It could have been possible for a ultra rare item a seller does not know what he has I have seen it myself (a ultra rare presidential card sold on Ebay for I believe a few hundred dollars the buyer ended up selling it for almost 100 000$ at auction....I only found out about the 1st auction after it was sold for a few hundred dollars and by then the seller had already shipped the card.....but I believe the guy that sold it for 100 000$ had a conscience and gave part of the money to the dealer that had sold him the card) but in this case with a AF15 there is no chance at all.

Edited by SC22

50 minutes ago, mosconi said:

I believe that pic was stolen, book and pic belongs to a boardie.  Sold a few years ago when 5.0s were $10k.  During that time period i asked a few well respected boardies if 5.0 could ever double from it's 10k mark.  The answer back then was NO.   The reason was that too much supply of af15

Edited by Spiderturtle

13 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I believe that pic was stolen, book and pic belongs to a boardie.  Sold a few years ago when 5.0s were $10k

Seller feedback shows he sold a $3850.00 Archie Comics #2 within the last month,  and it arrived "exactly as described" according to the comic buyer hm 

Edited by mosconi

56 minutes ago, mosconi said:

Seller feedback shows he sold a $3850.00 Archie Comics #2 within the last month,  and it arrived "exactly as described" according to the comic buyer hm 

Easy to do with friends on Ebay!! Build up your account then stiff someone out of a larger amount.

46 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I will say 150 000$ to 175 000$ since the last CGC 7.5 went for 102 000$. What did the last 8.0 go for?

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

A voldy 8.0 sold on CC for $87k last year. With the way sale prices have been going for this book, I doubt it will sell for less than $125k.

I'm pretty sure it'll sell for more than $125k, but how much is where the mystery lies

33 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

A voldy 8.0 sold on CC for $87k last year. With the way sale prices have been going for this book, I doubt it will sell for less than $125k.

I'm pretty sure it'll sell for more than $125k, but how much is where the mystery lies

Well, since Heritage just finished auction a CGC 8.5 graded copy off for $155.3K near the end of Fevbruary and CC just finished their CGC 7.5 graded copy off at $102K earlier this past week, this should put the CL 8.0 graded copy at around $130K or thereabouts.

I guess it's quite obvious by now that AF 15's are certainly not rare at all by any stretch of the imagination, with all of these copies surfacing in the marketplace.  hm

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, since Heritage just finished auction a CGC 8.5 graded copy off for $155.3K near the end of Fevbruary and CC just finished their CGC 7.5 graded copy off at $102K earlier this past week, this should put the CL 8.0 graded copy at around $130K or thereabouts.

I guess it's quite obvious by now that AF 15's are certainly not rare at all by any stretch of the imagination, with all of these copies surfacing in the marketplace.  hm

Seems like logical reasoning

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Neither are 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle cards they are always available but always seem to sell. Simple math more buyers than supply....not difficult to understand.

8.0 Has average PQ for grade (OW), and it has an issue with being off center/bad cover wrap where part of the cover wraps to the back. This is about as average an 8.0 you can probably see on those alone....having said that with the goofy ascent pattern we have seen, id be surprised if it didn't got 135-140k.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

8.0 Has average PQ for grade (OW), and it has an issue with being off center/bad cover wrap where part of the cover wraps to the back. This is about as average an 8.0 you can probably see on those alone....having said that with the goofy ascent pattern we have seen, id be surprised if it didn't got 135-140k.

Slight tanning on the outside edge and on the back too. Still very nice.

29 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Slight tanning on the outside edge and on the back too. Still very nice.

There's a very good chance that is the scan (or that the scan is making it look more than it is in hand).

Very nice copy IMO.

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

There's a very good chance that is the scan (or that the scan is making it look more than it is in hand).

Very nice copy IMO.

-J.

Yes probably the scan.

3 hours ago, zhamlau said:

and it has an issue with being off center/bad cover wrap where part of the cover wraps to the back.

Any chance that this might in some small part be due to a possible side effect from a not so perfect pressing job?  hm  (shrug)

58 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
4 hours ago, zhamlau said:

and it has an issue with being off center/bad cover wrap where part of the cover wraps to the back.

Any chance that this might in some small part be due to a possible side effect from a not so perfect pressing job?  hm  (shrug)

see I dont think so, I think thats just a production defect. Could be wrong, but pretty sure you see that level of misplacement of the cover on raw books too.

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Cl uses ccs for it's pressing of cgc books.  Doubt ccs would cause that effect