• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

You're right. He is a big deal. He only has the best SA collection in existence. But after 20 years of collecting you'd know that, right ?

You totally missed the chance to throw in "Sonny Boy!".   Post fail!  lol

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Shouldn't matter much what people say on here.  I doubt anybody makes there decisions on buying based on a cheerleader, analyzer, or naysayer

You don't think that speculation adds to the market? Or am I reading too much into your post? In my experience the highest returns I have had are from speculators , using information from all three you listed. Many are comic naive , looking to flip with big bank accounts. 

1 minute ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Oh and as I was getting off topic , my apologies. Lets get back to the thread topic. Here is one of my copies going up for grabs this next month, lets play guess the grade. :p 

AF15.jpg

Old label goodness.:cloud9:  I say it's a 7.5

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Shouldn't matter much what people say on here.  I doubt anybody makes there decisions on buying based on a cheerleader, analyzer, or naysayer

Absolutely, people do.

These chat forums are probably the largest concentration of mature comic knowledge on the internet.

Maybe this held true when this place started out 15 years ago.

Today? I think MUCH if not MOST of what is said here ripples into the markets.

Just now, VintageComics said:

Absolutely, people do.

These chat forums are probably the largest concentration of mature comic knowledge on the internet.

Very well said, clearly someone who has a firm grasp on the market

20 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

the 1st cgc 9.6 copy, the one eric Roberts used to own

amazingspiderfan- did you used to be on the old cgc boards?  name rings a bell

I would put it at 2+ million, but how do you get the attention of someone that does not need the money, what would you have to offer to get them to consider it. Putting a price on the near unattainable is a difficult task, unless your a Lebanese ex prime minister's son with a billion dollar bank account and decide you like SA. 

Edited by amazingspiderfan

Oh and speaking of who has a handle on AF15'S , Mr Robert Storms has his webs together to say the least. Those needing an affordable copy should check out his site he clearly saw this spike coming , as many of us anticipated. He has the most public copies for sale on the web at the moment , unless you prefer Josh's chipped copies.

34 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Absolutely, people do.

I use to believe it did not but I have to agree with you.

57 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Absolutely, people do.

When spending more than $5k one should make informed decisions.  Listening to cheerleaders and naysayers equals disaster.     I make my decisions based not on this thread.   I based it more on my private interactions with buyers and sellers, auctions houses and other external factors.  

1 hour ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Oh and as I was getting off topic , my apologies. Lets get back to the thread topic. Here is one of my copies going up for grabs this next month, lets play guess the grade. :p 

AF15.jpg

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

1 hour ago, amazingspiderfan said:

AF15.jpg

7.0 that will go on sale with high grade comics?

16 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Absolutely, people do.

When spending more than $5k one should make informed decisions.  Listening to cheerleaders and naysayers equals disaster.     I make my decisions based not on this thread.   I based it more on my private interactions with buyers and sellers, auctions houses and other external factors.  

How do people make informed decisions? They read things. Online, in reports, in books.

Diluting this place down to simply cheerleaders and naysayers would put you in one of the two groups. Like any information source, people need to vet the information.

What I'm saying is that this place DOES have an influence on the external factors and auction houses.