• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SC22 said:

What would a 6.5 go for with no MC with pre MC with light MC with moderate MC and with heavy of MC?

That should be a music song....MC in the house with grand master MC at the mic!!

I have no clue, but we have some recent data points to consider for sure...

Just now, Gotham Kid said:
1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

6.5 just sell in the 60's and didn't have marvel chipping (or am I misremembering)

ok. so maybe the memory isn't that bad...

Just now, G.A.tor said:

I will admit I haven't kept up with the AF15 market that closely, lately (I'm done with con season, so I don't sell again till april), but didn't a 6.5 just sell in the 60's and didn't have marvel chipping (or am I misremembering)

Sold for 67 000$ but had minor issues on the cover probably would have went for 70 000$ (PQ was not the best either) without those. And I am guessing a 6.5 with nice PQ and no MC would fetch around 80 000$.

Just now, SC22 said:

Sold for 67 000$ but had minor issues on the cover probably would have went for 70 000$ (PQ was not the best either) without those. And I am guessing a 6.5 with nice PQ and no MC would fetch around 80 000$.

I believe bad marvel chipping could result in a 15%  price spread, but not minor issues?...its was a 6.5 for a reason, right?

again, I defer all af15 value questions to the beautiful one, bob storms...he's selling way more af15's than anyone, so he's the goto guy

Just now, G.A.tor said:

I believe bad marvel chipping could result in a 15%  price spread, but not minor issues?...its was a 6.5 for a reason, right?

again, I defer all af15 value questions to the beautiful one, bob storms...he's selling way more af15's than anyone, so he's the goto guy

That could very well be correct. I still think a perfect looking 6.5 could reach 75 000$ to 80 000$. Maybe with white pages.

Just now, SC22 said:

You deserve a break Gator so many questions sent your way over the years!! Enjoy it!!

yep, I've retired from those type questions...just trying to enjoy the hobby a bit these days

Just now, SC22 said:

That could very well be correct. I still think a perfect looking 6.5 could reach 75 000$ to 80 000$. Maybe with white pages.

well, if it was perfect looking, it wouldn't be a 6.5 lol

or it would be a visual outlier...but again, what do I know...

2 minutes ago, SC22 said:

What is the premium for white pages above a final sales price on key SA books?

don't know, but I do know there were 2 cgc 6.5 hulk 1's auctioned at same time, same venue, and the one with white? (better) pages went for a significant price over the one with lessor page quality (paging jaydog :baiting:)

10 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

yep, I've retired from those type questions...just trying to enjoy the hobby a bit these days

When I retire I just want to sit on my balcony all day and drink ice tea and listen to the ball game on the radio and enjoy BBQ.

And in the later evenings just sit back and read vintage comic books with my pet beside me.

That is all I ask for oh and maybe a few video games to!!

Edited by SC22

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

don't know, but I do know there were 2 cgc 6.5 hulk 1's auctioned at same time, same venue, and the one with white? (better) pages went for a significant price over the one with lessor page quality (paging jaydog :baiting:)

Yeah makes sens I would pay more for a book with white pages for sure.

32 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Yeah makes sens I would pay more for a book with white pages for sure.

while most everyone says they would pay more, there is absolutely no corresponding empirical evidence to support such a statement, so it is definitively not true (ok, I'm done having "fun" in the sa thread lol )

Edited by G.A.tor

2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

while most everyone says they would pay more, there is absolutely no corresponding empirical evidence to support such a statement, so it is definitively not true (ok, I'm don't having "fun" in the sa thread lol )

I meant that I would. I did not mean for other people.

Edited by SC22