• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Let the holiday season start affecting the high end sales of the ''hotter'' season of the year.

This argument has no validity. Sorry. I've said it before I'll say it again. Someone with the means to drop 100K on a comic book is not affected by Xmas, Easter or Hanukkah. He is indifferent to buying it in February, August or December.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

This argument has no validity. Sorry. I've said it before I'll say it again. Someone that can drop 100K on a comic book is not affected by very little. He is indifferent to buying it in February, August or December.

Could be right I just based myself on what some had said earlier in previous posts about this time of year.

2 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Could be right I just based myself on what some had said earlier in previous posts about this time of year.

Yeah I know but that's horsesh1t. If we were talking a low 4-figure book, sure. Not a 100K book.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yeah I know but that's horsesh1t. If we were talking a 2-3K book, sure. Not a 100K book.

I still think this may be he last time we see a 7.0 not reach 100k. The other 7.0's where sold to a member here I believe so that was not really a good gauging point.

Edited by SC22

9 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Had a lot of MC so about 30% less than a copy would sell for with no MC at all.

Yeah, you're right. Lot of MC on that one.

Edited by Gotham Kid

13 minutes ago, SC22 said:

This was the big surprise of the day. Good buy at this price and nice looking copy.

13 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Nice copy for the grade.

14 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

This argument has no validity. Sorry. I've said it before I'll say it again. Someone with the means to drop 100K on a comic book is not affected by Xmas, Easter or Hanukkah. He is indifferent to buying it in February, August or December.

+ 1

1 hour ago, SC22 said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

6.5 went for 55K

Had a lot of MC so about 30% less than a copy would sell for with no MC at all.

at 6.5 level, I don't think 30% is applicable (maybe at 2.0-4.0 levels)...at higher grades, spread is probably 5/10/15 and this would be more "middle" moderate chipping than "excessive" imo

but what do I know

2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

at 6.5 level, I don't think 30% is applicable (maybe at 2.0-4.0 levels)...at higher grades, spread is probably 5/10/15 and this would be more "middle" moderate chipping than "excessive" imo

but what do I know

What would a 6.5 go for with no MC with pre MC with light MC with moderate MC and with heavy of MC?

That should be a music song....MC in the house with grand master MC at the mic!!

Edited by SC22

54 minutes ago, SC22 said:

That CGC 6.5 with no MC at all would be a 75 000$ to 80 000$ book.

I will admit I haven't kept up with the AF15 market that closely, lately (I'm done with con season, so I don't sell again till april), but didn't a 6.5 just sell in the 60's and didn't have marvel chipping (or am I misremembering)