• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anybody seen this FF movie promo??

38 posts in this topic

I don't think that promo was bogus, but I also don't think it was intended for release. A lot of effects production houses are working on various shots of the movie, and this might be the type of thing that they get so that the effects are uniform throughout the film. That's why it was letterboxed and had "Property of Fox" on the shots. I think that also explains why some shots were still very rough. I'd think that Fox would be pissed that this got out, and someone will be getting a call from Fox's lawyers or the production team.

Jeff is correct. This is not bogus and is a work in progress. The live action shots from the film also contain watermarking from The Ant Farm, which is a large post-production facility in LA that specializes in movie trailers. The top edge boundary of the live action shots also contain SMPTE time code "window burn" which is getting cropped off - Yet another telltale sign that this is real and is a rough cut.

I could go on all day long about Film/Television post-production workflow (understanding this stuff is part of my job), but I'll simply say that Rocket2600 over on the CPG forum is just plain wrong about it being fake. sumo.gif

That trailer made me very happy , looks like they are going to keep to the important parts of the origin .

The Thing looks great both as the Thing and as Ben Grimm great casting .

cloud9.gif

So who thinks the Thing looks horrible after seeing him in full motion? If nobody pipes up, then my my, how opinions do flutter and change around here...just last month, everybody was railing on how HORRIBLE he looks! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rocketeer on the CPG boards says the clip is bogus. Here's what he said:

"That is a bogus clip. Someone spliced that from interviews with the cast. Alot (almost all) the space footage is from Armageddon, even where they split the asteroid. The thing throwing the car is from the Playstation game that came out a few years ago."

Hope that's true, the clip looks very lame. More cartoony than Hulk.

That trailer made me very happy , looks like they are going to keep to the important parts of the origin .

cloud9.gif

So who thinks the Thing looks horrible after seeing him in full motion? If nobody pipes up, then my my, how opinions do flutter and change around here...just last month, everybody was railing on how HORRIBLE he looks! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think he looks pretty cool... actually, I was at a friend's house the other night and I happened to look in a recent People magazine which had a picture of The Thing which I then showed to my girlfriend who thought he looked pretty cool. Upon hearing her response, everyone else wanted to see what we were looking at and they were all impressed as well.

So there you go. Conclusive evidence that the Thing's costume rocks. (I just wanted to say that.)

cloud9.gif

My biggest problem with the Thing is that he appears to be 5'9" tall. Yeesh! foreheadslap.gif

My biggest problem with the Thing is that he appears to be 5'9" tall. Yeesh! foreheadslap.gif

I think Chiklis is around 6'1".

The Thing never really grew much in height after the transformation like the Hulk, did he? I seem to recall noticing that he was about the same height as Reed, or sometimes a little shorter, on most of the FF covers I look at, which is primarily the Kirby 1 to 108 run. Here's a definite example where Kirby depicts him as normal height, although I bet we could find many examples of different artists drawing him bigger or smaller:

radA7C7D.jpg

The Thing never really grew much in height after the transformation like the Hulk, did he? I seem to recall noticing that he was about the same height as Reed, or sometimes a little shorter, on most of the FF covers I look at, which is primarily the Kirby 1 to 108 run. Here's a definite example where Kirby depicts him as normal height, although I bet we could find many examples of different artists drawing him bigger or smaller:

radA7C7D.jpg

i knew it was gonna be that cover!!!!! BTW - nice book thumbsup2.gif

It's a scan from ComicLink. I chose that cover because it's one of the few where the characters are all standing right next to each other, and the camera angle is dead in front of them instead of slightly overhead. FF 39 also has the characters standing right to each other, but I couldn't find a scan of it during my lunch hour here so I didn't post it. Now that Jive raised the question, I'm curious to see how tall Kirby depicted the Thing on that one. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's a scan from ComicLink. I chose that cover because it's one of the few where the characters are all standing right next to each other, and the camera angle is dead in front of them instead of slightly overhead. FF 39 also has the characters standing right to each other, but I couldn't find a scan of it during my lunch hour here so I didn't post it. Now that Jive raised the question, I'm curious to see how tall Kirby depicted the Thing on that one. confused-smiley-013.gif

here it is in a link. it's a nice big picture but you have to wade thru pages and pages of rage from SAMCO to get there.

the thing is again depicted as normal size..............and for that matter look at my sigline pic......... thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Actually, I think Chiklis is around 5'9". Also, I think the actors who play Johnny and Reed are also taller, so the Thing really does look pretty short.

Hook,

Very nice book, love the cover. thumbsup2.gif Just a few thoughts on the trailer:

- The torch looks awesome. I was worried but I felt if they did a lousy job with him that it would make or break the movie.

- Doom's mask could be better but they need to show him with the hood, cape and full gear and it should be awesome.

- Sue or Honey as we know her looks awesome. Apparently she works out daily at the Four Seasons hotel in Vancouver if you want to catch a peak of her on the treadmill. cloud9.gif

- The Thing could be bigger, a bit more imposing.

I'm pumped, can't wait to see this one about 10 times.