• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for GA/SA in the San Francisco area!

14 posts in this topic

I'll traveling with the family to SF and I'll wanted to see if there were good dealers and collectors there.

I'll be in town February 27th–March 4th.

just let me know.

I appreciate any help.

Not quite what you are asking, but if you or members of your family are Disney fans, the Disney Family Museum in the Presidio is a must see.

San Francisco Bay Area is weak for Golden Age.

Try House of Comics in Berkeley. Call first. This is not the House of Comics on the probation list.

http://www.houseofcomics.com/

Flying Colors in Concord.

My favorite shop is A1 Comics in Sacramento, about ninety miles away.

Lee's Comics has stuff in the back. Best to call first to determine whether Lee Hester is in the shop.

San Francisco Bay Area is weak for Golden Age.

Try House of Comics in Berkeley. Call first. This is not the House of Comics on the probation list.

http://www.houseofcomics.com/

Flying Colors in Concord.

My favorite shop is A1 Comics in Sacramento, about ninety miles away.

Lee's Comics has stuff in the back. Best to call first to determine whether Lee Hester is in the shop.

correct Ray. Heroes has some Ga/SA as well but that is in Campbell near San Jose. Are you staying in SF?

If you're staying near downtown SF, my place is also just a 25 minute subway ride away, plus Berkeley is worth a look in general IMO. (Telegraph Avenue, etc.)

I have 1300 golden age books available (mostly nonsuperhero) and do appointments all the time. In fact today I have a board member coming over for his first visit.

You can contact forum member Bunky Brian. Brian lives on the San Francisco peninsula, but co-owns a store, Bunky Brothers, in Rancho Cucamonga, which is located in Southern California, about 400+ miles away. Bunky Brian has access to many key Golden Age comics, such as Batman 1. Bunky Brian sells at SDCC every year and shows up with an impressive stock of GA/SA. Bunky Brian is an exceptionally nice guy.

You can also try Amazing Fantasy on Irving (N Judah Muni Metro) or Comic Outpost on Ocean Ave (K Ingleside Muni Metro). These shops have been picked over.

Driving in San Francisco can be tough for out of towners, with many one way, no left turn and no right turn streets. There is major construction downtown.