• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this TTA90 trimmed?

7 posts in this topic

I purchased a Tales to Astonish 90 a couple weeks ago and the seller listed this book as FN/VF. Does the grading appear to be correct?

More importantly, does this copy look like the cover has been trimmed? The book has one page that is sticking out beyond the cover and it is the centerfold page. Everything else appears to be flush with the cover.

I found this to be bizarre. Is this a printer's defect or result of restoration work (trimming)?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Hey Brian, links to larger scans would help in deciding what is going on with this book. You may want to provide a picture of the book opened up as well. It's also better not to crop the scans either - you top scan at the bottom! Re-post and I'd be happy to offer up an opinion! smiley-gen130.gif

In my opinion the book is not trimmed. The center fold cover might have been miscut. The edges of your covers seem to be reasonably worn which is why I suspect the center fold to be the production defect.

Having said that it could only be confirmed if the book were in hand for closer inspection. It's a really nice looking book otherwise!

My guess for a grade would be Universal Blue Label 6.5 IMHO! smiley-gen130.gif

In my opinion the book is not trimmed. The center fold cover might have been miscut. The edges of your covers seem to be reasonably worn which is why I suspect the center fold to be the production defect.

Having said that it could only be confirmed if the book were in hand for closer inspection. It's a really nice looking book otherwise!

My guess for a grade would be Universal Blue Label 6.5 IMHO! smiley-gen130.gif

I appreciate the feedback!