• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The first Avengers movie.

32 posts in this topic

I know, I know. There are several other threads about this movie. But I am lazy.

Due to heavy snow yesterday, my television service was not working. So my only choices to watch, were DVR'd or DVD movies. I chose The Avengers again.

Must have watched that thing a dozen times. I haven't ever done that to any other movie, except maybe for "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." I haven't even watched Star Wars more than a couple of times.

The Avengers movie is just sooo darn enjoyable. My wife thinks so too, even though she is not a comic book or superhero fan. She thinks it is one of the best ever. That says a lot when being said by a non comic character fan.

Every actor/actress in that movie, does their part splendidly. I could not pick which was better played. Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, or Loki. If there was a weak link in acting, I would have to pick Nick Fury or Hawkeye. But really, both were portrayed pretty darn well.

I think the "Puny God" scene, between Hulk and Loki, might be one of the top five movie scenes of all time. In any genre of movie making.

One scene I thought very highly of, and that is not mentioned often (or ever). Is when Bruce Banner shows up on the motorcycle, and calmly walks towards the coming giant alien monster thing. Ruffalo plays his part sooo well. I could never adjust to anyone else playing the part again. I hope he stays around for the Bruce Banner part for a very long time.

I like this movie so much. Every time I watch it.

I should watch this - any prerequisites? I have seen IM1 and the Captain America movie, but not Thor1.

-slym

Yes, throw out everything you know about the characters and you'll enjoy it.

Iron Man was a better film for me, the didn't enjoy a good portion of the Avengers, mainly the first hour or so. I thought the invisible hover ship was the worst part though and we nearly walked out. The final 1/3 was great though, very enjoyable and took away alot of bad taste for me. Chris Evans was terrible, Captain America shouldn't be the weak link.

I should watch this - any prerequisites? I have seen IM1 and the Captain America movie, but not Thor1.

-slym

Which versions of which characters?

You need to watch Thor 2. I actually liked it better than Avengers and thought it was up there with IM1.

Didn't that come after The Avengers movie? Why would I need to see it first?

-slym

I kinda knew that going in - that's why I mentioned movies specifically.

:baiting:

-slym

You need to watch Thor 2. I actually liked it better than Avengers and thought it was up there with IM1.

Didn't that come after The Avengers movie? Why would I need to see it first?

-slym

Don't worry about chronology. Just awesomeness.

i did like the woman in the skin tight rubber suit

Uma Thurman

Sounds appealing.

Just tried to watch that one again.

It's even worse than it was in '98. :P

Are we talking Kill Bill #1 here? That was an awesome, albeit silly, movie. Love me some Uma with a sword. Or any other way.

Uma Thurman

Sounds appealing.

Are we talking Kill Bill #1 here? That was an awesome, albeit silly, movie. Love me some Uma with a sword. Or any other way.

The Avengers

Uma Thurman

Sounds appealing.

The Avengers

I got lost somewhere. ???? Uma Thurman was not in the Avengers movie. Did you mean Cobie Smulders? She is awesome in leather. Or out of it I think.

The wife and I are leaving in 20 minutes, to see the Lone Survivor movie. I saw an interview of the real Lone Survivor that the movie is based on. He tore the interviewer a new one. When the interviewer (on CNN) stated that his buddies died senselessly.

I know, I know. There are several other threads about this movie. But I am lazy.

Due to heavy snow yesterday, my television service was not working. So my only choices to watch, were DVR'd or DVD movies. I chose The Avengers again.

Must have watched that thing a dozen times. I haven't ever done that to any other movie, except maybe for "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." I haven't even watched Star Wars more than a couple of times.

The Avengers movie is just sooo darn enjoyable. My wife thinks so too, even though she is not a comic book or superhero fan. She thinks it is one of the best ever. That says a lot when being said by a non comic character fan.

Every actor/actress in that movie, does their part splendidly. I could not pick which was better played. Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, or Loki. If there was a weak link in acting, I would have to pick Nick Fury or Hawkeye. But really, both were portrayed pretty darn well.

I think the "Puny God" scene, between Hulk and Loki, might be one of the top five movie scenes of all time. In any genre of movie making.

One scene I thought very highly of, and that is not mentioned often (or ever). Is when Bruce Banner shows up on the motorcycle, and calmly walks towards the coming giant alien monster thing. Ruffalo plays his part sooo well. I could never adjust to anyone else playing the part again. I hope he stays around for the Bruce Banner part for a very long time.

I like this movie so much. Every time I watch it.

..... exactly how I felt about it also. I only had one tiny complaint.... I wish Cap had stuck with his WWII uniform from his solo movie. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u