• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling off a grail book and need advice on shipping...

22 posts in this topic

USPS Registered and Insured for muy mucho $

Also you need to wrap the box with the brown paper and glue tape on all seams and corners. I would also double box it. You might have to triple box it there ace.

Although.... when Heritage sent me a five figure book, they used a USPS box inside a Fed Ex box in order to double box.

Me? I would use brown box inside a larger brown box with a ridiculous amount of bubble.

Have you spoken to the seller? He doesn't seem to have sold much lately. Hope it's not a hijacked account.

OP is the seller :gossip:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7338589#Post7338589

Hi all, I am seeking off my Amazing Fantasy #15 5.0 signed by Stan:

Also you need to wrap the box with the brown paper and glue tape on all seams and corners. I would also double box it. You might have to triple box it there ace.

Although.... when Heritage sent me a five figure book, they used a USPS box inside a Fed Ex box in order to double box.

Me? I would use brown box inside a larger brown box with a ridiculous amount of bubble.

This!

The only way to ship super expensive items is via United States Postal Service Registered Mail.

They are the only carrier, to my knowledge, that will insure collectible items of significant amounts. The service includes up to $25,000 worth of insurance.

Registered Mail also offers the benefit of more stringent oversight and tracking along every step of delivery. I'm not the biggest fan of the USPS, but when it comes time to ship my big money items, I don't turn anywhere else.

However, I do prefer UPS for more inexpensive deliveries. I've almost always had poor service at the USPS and I do prefer UPS tracking.

I only repeat because I fear you might listen to others that suggest UPS or Fedex.

I've seen jewelry store owners in the post office using registered mail. It's the safest, it's the only service that offers that adequate insurance. UPS and Fedex both limit liability on collectibles to $1,000. The only (well informed) shippers that use UPS or Fedex for expensive collectibles are those with their own private shipping insurance.

USPS registered mail. It's slower, but it is the best for 99% of us.

This - but I'd but the second box into a third, larger box filled with peanuts.

Seriously.

-slym

USPS registered is the only way to be safe unless you carry other insurance.

FYI - now that you posted it on eBay, you should close your sales thread on here.

I did some research after a few of you responded and it seems that registered fits best. Thanks to all who replied!

Do I delete the see thread or simply notify participants?

Thanks !