• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else here not like signatures on their comics?

81 posts in this topic

For modern books, yes, I love signatures. Copper is borderline and only attractive to me if those involved in the actual book are on the cover...none of this Stan Lee signing every Marvel book crup.

Amen, I hate seeing Stan Lee on modern Deadpool and everything else. That decreases the books value. Even Spider-Man I only have his sig on actual issues he wrote

Hi all, are their any of you who feels a signature on a comic is bad/detrimental for the comic?

For instance if you see two identical Hulk #1 of the same grade and both are great but one is signed, the other is not....which would you choose?

Somehow for me, I just don't like seeing pen markings on a front cover.

What say you all?

I'm with you. I can't stand signatures on anything.

lol

:gossip: He is working a covert undercover mission here.

Hi all, are their any of you who feels a signature on a comic is bad/detrimental for the comic?

For instance if you see two identical Hulk #1 of the same grade and both are great but one is signed, the other is not....which would you choose?

Somehow for me, I just don't like seeing pen markings on a front cover.

What say you all?

signed of course

Signatures on Pedigree or HG books drive me crazy, as no matter that CGC puts on that stupid yellow label, you are defacing that copy forever. Personally, I think CGC should not allow Pedigrees in their SS program, as they could easily enforce such a policy and at least look like might have some interest in the history of our hobby.

I really don't understand how someone can look at a CGC 9.6-9.8 Pedigree with a big black scrawl across the cover, and think "This is a GREAT thing for our hobby!".

On the other hand, I don't see the big deal in Stan Lee scrawling on a common book in 6.0-8.0 condition, and I think that is why the SS program was brought in, but some ninnies bastardized it in the short-sighted goal of making cash at the expense of defacing rare HG books.

Signatures on Pedigree or HG books drive me crazy, as no matter that CGC puts on that stupid yellow label, you are defacing that copy forever. Personally, I think CGC should not allow Pedigrees in their SS program, as they could easily enforce such a policy and at least look like might have some interest in the history of our hobby.

I really don't understand how someone can look at a CGC 9.6-9.8 Pedigree with a big black scrawl across the cover, and think "This is a GREAT thing for our hobby!".

On the other hand, I don't see the big deal in Stan Lee scrawling on a common book in 6.0-8.0 condition, and I think that is why the SS program was brought in, but some ninnies bastardized it in the short-sighted goal of making cash at the expense of defacing rare HG books.

Collectors collecting comic books whether they are signed or not is what is good for "our" hobby. If somebody owns a book they can do whatever they want with it including writing on it sort of like the way Edgar Church did. 2c

Since I am primarily a SA Spidey collector (with many dupes 1-129), my entire run of ASM issue 1 to 700 are all blue. EXCEPT, I presently have 6 copies of 129. One copy is CGC yellow signed by Stan Lee, the other five are raw blue. The 1 sig is good enough for me.

You have all 700 ASM CGC'd?

Since I am primarily a SA Spidey collector (with many dupes 1-129), my entire run of ASM issue 1 to 700 are all blue. EXCEPT, I presently have 6 copies of 129. One copy is CGC yellow signed by Stan Lee, the other five are raw blue. The 1 sig is good enough for me.

You have all 700 ASM CGC'd?

:o

I dont like signatures either.

Me too!! That's why I have everyone PRINT on the books I have SS'd.

Collectors collecting comic books whether they are signed or not is what is good for "our" hobby. If somebody owns a book they can do whatever they want with it including writing on it sort of like the way Edgar Church did. 2c

while I agree with the "it's your book, you do what you want with it"... but the line I always use regarding pedigree books is... I'm just the temporary owner of this unique book that holds a special place in the comic book universe. Who am I to change this book from its original pedigree condition? (That means signatures, or pressing/restoration).

but that's just my 2c

while I agree with the "it's your book, you do what you want with it"... but the line I always use regarding pedigree books is... I'm just the temporary owner of this unique book that holds a special place in the comic book universe. Who am I to change this book from its original pedigree condition? (That means signatures, or pressing/restoration).

but that's just my 2c

I suppose this thread could easily segway into "Anyone else here care about Pedigree status?" hm

I like signatures (see my sigline). I'd never get one on a high grade book or a high dollar book, much less on a pedigree book.

I wouldn't do it on a high grade/high dollar book for one simple reason: Resale. Getting a book signed significantly decreases your batch of potential buyers. And I'd rather have more possible buyers than less.

My threshold for getting a book signed is about $200.

I've already said my pedigree rationale.