• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week 87 Trivia Contest - For Shame!

22 posts in this topic

This week's correct answer:

Satan’s Six -published by Topps Comics; written by Jack Kirby

Since there were no winners, I guess it's all trick and no treat! confused-smiley-013.gif

What kind of comic book geekdom are we perpetuating here? Not even ONE of us with a correct answer?!

OK.. I am pissed... sumo.gif

I knew this answer.. but have not looked at the Trivia contest in weeks. foreheadslap.gif

I bought this comic years ago at Half Price Books because of the Kirby/McFarlane cover.

And I did read it a few times...so I knew the answer to Gemma's question.. but alas.. I gotta read the contest thread to win.

But at least 1 of us did know this obscure answer.

Here is the cover..

Satansix.JPG

Same here...stopped looking at it since it looked like every week HAD to have a new winner, preferably someone who hadn't won before or was new to the boards....

You were new to the boards...?? Racked up about 100 posts ?? Entered the trivia and had the correct answer together with 11 other people who had won before during the last 2-3 years....??

Dude come on down !

mad.gif

Same here...stopped looking at it since it looked like every week HAD to have a new winner, preferably someone who hadn't won before or was new to the boards....

You were new to the boards...?? Racked up about 100 posts ?? Entered the trivia and had the correct answer together with 11 other people who had won before during the last 2-3 years....??

Dude come on down !

mad.gif

That explains how I won very first week I entered in Week 38!

Dude come on down !

mad.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dude come on down !

mad.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I won the first time I entered too... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never won it either and had a streak of many questions in a row correct at one point...

And to add insult to injury....I've read and own Satan's Six. But I didn't care much for any of the Secret City issues as evidenced by how well I remembered this issue (and answer). I at least gave it the old college try though and gave a credible answer (Legion of the Unliving). Wrong but a good try nonetheless in my opinion... crazy.gif

Jim

I've never won it. Won a consolation prize, but not the biggie.

Yes, but you didn't enter the last competions...which eliminates 3 months...

During 2004 you correctly answered two questions...

You had the correct answer 7 compos ago, but Fan4Fan Won who had never won before.

We then have to go back to June 15th for another competition where you got the answer right and Mr. Woogieman won..yet again a first time winner...

I'm just saying that during that last year or so once you have won the competition, it's almost impossible to win it again...

Not that this is a bad thing mind you, I won it three times in 2003, and even I thought it wasn't fair wink.gif

I just would like a disclaimer of some sorts telling us, if you've won before or won during the last year, please DO enter but you won't be eligible for a prize...

As it seems this is the current policy...either that or very weird synchronicity going on confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, but you didn't enter the last competions...which eliminates 3 months...

During 2004 you correctly answered two questions...

You had the correct answer 7 compos ago, but Fan4Fan Won who had never won before.

We then have to go back to June 15th for another competition where you got the answer right and Mr. Woogieman won..yet again a first time winner...

I'm just saying that during that last year or so once you have won the competition, it's almost impossible to win it again...

Not that this is a bad thing mind you, I won it three times in 2003, and even I thought it wasn't fair wink.gif

I just would like a disclaimer of some sorts telling us, if you've won before or won during the last year, please DO enter but you won't be eligible for a prize...

As it seems this is the current policy...either that or very weird synchronicity going on confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I also won Week 59 back in Sept/03, so I'm averaging one win a year. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was actually thinking about that Topps book and wondering if I have any of them. I know I bought the X-files books published by Topps. I think I also have another Jack Kirby title published by Topps, can't remember the name though.

I "won" it once. It was the one and only time that the prize was a grading guide and not a submission or choice of one or the other. I won a book that I already owned. Thanks CGC. foreheadslap.gif

I gave the book to someone on the boards, don't remember who.

Admittedly, I haven't played the contest much this past year. Once I stopped selling on ebay, there didn't seem to be as much of a point to win a slab. None of my books are worth slabbing. But prior to that, when I was selling comics on ebay, I entered quite often. I wasn't always right (darn Marvel questions) but I wasn't always wrong either. Not that it matters. My books weren't worth slabbing then, either!

Oh, I did enter this week's contest, but my answer isn't posted. I thought I made it in time, too. Perhaps it didn't go through. Naturally, I answered wrong.

I suspect that you're right about newbies winning. I entered the contest when I first joined the boards, and on my second or third correct entry, I won. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I haven't won since then, but I haven't been correct very often either.