• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 57 CLUB: Visions of Vision

202 posts in this topic

Recent purchases. Definitely had to have a raw copy for my collection in addition to the slabbed one.

Case is scuffed pretty heavily but I'm unsure if I should have it reslabbed. Anyone have thoughts on reslabbing for case appearance only issues?

Avengers%20057%20CGC%208.0_zpst0isytnt.jpg

Avengers%20057_zpst2lnufp3.jpg

Recent purchases. Definitely had to have a raw copy for my collection in addition to the slabbed one.

Case is scuffed pretty heavily but I'm unsure if I should have it reslabbed. Anyone have thoughts on reslabbing for case appearance only issues?

Great book!

As for scuffing, try a polish on it first, before reslabbing. I've actually used automotive swirl remover on a couple slabs, works perfectly, scuffing and fine scratches are removed, and the slab shines!

So happy to have found this not the highest grade but its one of my grails

(I'm in the club)

image.jpg2_zpsn8lexpnl.jpg

Yes you are, welcome aboard (thumbs u

Very nice, come on in. I wouldn't reslab unless you are planning on selling. 2c

The first back issue I ever paid more than $1 for, way back in 1985. It cost me all of $7.50, and it's been one of my most treasured books ever since.

A57_zpscgojwcbd.jpg

Very nice, welcome to the club and to the boards. :applause:

Like you I got lucky - I did a lot of buying on ebay through 07 and 08 (before taking a work-my-butt-off-hiatus from buying for 8 yrs) and rarely got a true "high grade" but this book was an exception - took a chance on a raw 8.5 and the seller came through.

[actually, just now spotted what appears a break in cover just below 12cent which means it's another overgraded comic, but it's a nice copy anyway]

FUGPt1z.jpg

UwvIKOh.jpg