• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mexican Adams/O'Neil GL Run Completed!

21 posts in this topic

I know that not everyone here appreciates the foreign counterparts of the books that we all know and love but... it's hard not to think this is at least a little bit cool.

I changed my collecting focus to foreign editions a few years back and have pretty much been trying to complete this run that whole time. I'm sure someone will want to point out that issues #85 & #86 are missing but that's because Editorial Novaro didn't publish them (presumably because of the drug use in the story).

If you are interested in foreign books, here's a link to my website where I have my collection displayed. (thumbs u

Here's the pics. :foryou:

th_GreenLantern76Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern77Mexico_zps47a58329.jpgth_GreenLantern78Mexico_zpscc9fc8ca.jpgth_GreenLantern79Mexico_zpse682d3c4.jpgth_GreenLantern80Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern81Mexico_zps1f6dc2c5.jpg

th_GreenLantern82Mexico_zps142f095e.jpgth_GreenLantern83Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern84Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern87Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern88aMexico.jpgth_GreenLantern89Mexico_zpsf0e9b947.jpg

GreenLantern76Mexico.jpg

GreenLantern77Mexico_zps47a58329.jpg

GreenLantern78Mexico_zpscc9fc8ca.jpg

GreenLantern79Mexico_zpse682d3c4.jpg

GreenLantern80Mexico.jpg

GreenLantern81Mexico_zps1f6dc2c5.jpg

GreenLantern82Mexico_zps142f095e.jpg

GreenLantern83Mexico.jpg

GreenLantern84Mexico.jpg

GreenLantern87Mexico.jpg

GreenLantern88aMexico.jpg

GreenLantern89Mexico_zpsf0e9b947.jpg

I know how hard it is to complete a run or set and this is pretty impressive and unprecedented...

Any Adams O'Neil fan can appreciate in any language :applause::cloud9::o:applause:

i have to give mad props and kudos to Tim for his hunting and pure dumb luck or I wouldn't have never got an insane Iron Man 55

Ahhhhh shooot bro! Do me a favor and talk a little bit about how long this took to aquire Tim? hm Congrats! Crazy cool accomplishment considering the difficulty in getting some of the Novaro issues..... :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Congratulations :headbang:

Love to hear where you found them.

It's taken probably in the range of four years since I started to finally finish the run. As far as where I found them... they came from all over. Most of them came from Mexico and the last two I just got in today were from Argentina, the #76 actually came from Spain. I've never been able to track down the actual Mexican one without the Ptas.7 in the upper left corner.

I'm close to getting this set done too... not easy at all ;)

Congrats sir :)

xxx ooo

Rupp

That's funny... I though I was the only one :screwy: enough to try putting run of foreign books like this together. It figures that if anyone else would be it would be you Rupp. lol

Thanks everyone! :acclaim:

The time I spent to accomplish this has been spent to share it with you. A lot of people in the hobby aren't even aware that books like this exist. Others disregard them as nothing more than re-prints. Until you actually try to track down some though you won't be able to understand how scarce some of them are.