• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 1-3! Zeck, Wolfman, Steranko & Wrightson!

289 posts in this topic

lol lol lol

Who would elect to go to San Antonio over Tampa?

Who would elect to go to a WW show over Tampa Bay Comic Con?

lol lol lol

Grell will be in Florida.

I, for one, am impressed how this show has grown in just a few years.

Thanks, Joe!

We've already booked more guest artists & more celebrities for this year's show than we had last August & we've still got 5 months to go.

The website/facebook don't show all the currently booked guests yet.

Thanks, Joe!

We've already booked more guest artists & more celebrities for this year's show than we had last August & we've still got 5 months to go.

The question that every dealer and potential dealer wants to know: is the loading process going to be more streamlined and dealer-friendly this year?

Thanks, Joe!

The question that every dealer and potential dealer wants to know: is the loading process going to be more streamlined and dealer-friendly this year?

No.

We will do everything possible to make it more difficult.

Thanks, Joe!

No.

Awesome. Can't wait. :P

Thanks, Joe!

No.

:foryou:

I'm on the phone with gcstomp now, Jive.

He is walking me through many of the dealer load-in/load-out issues from last year.

We are going to do all that we can to remediate all of the problems dealers were faced with last summer. We might fail. We might succeed. We damn sure will try our best.

Please let me me know what I need to do to make things better. :)

I am surveying dealers regarding load-in/out questions & concerns.

If you're interested in getting on the phone & walking me through your items, please send a PM.

Thanks!

Thanks, Joe!

No.

:foryou:

Hey JiveI am the show manager for Tampa Bay Comic Con. I am a dealer as well as so I am acutely aware of the load in issues. Please know we have discussed this issue with the convention center. We are continuing those discussions with them as we speak and upon our return from Indiana, that process will accelerate. Once we have all the details finalized I will be glad to work with you on this to answer all your questions. Again, we will have a smother load in this time and we are working diligently to make sure of that. You can always contact me directly with any questions.

Coach

Just let folks in, first in, first out...

to have everything on the dock ready to go is

1)not practical and congestive

2)poor use of load out time!... in the time it takes to get product from dock into vehicle, a load from booth can be in transit... it is seemless this way.. (as long as you have at least 2 folks loading out)

3)if you only have one person, like I was faced with last year, I would have been "screwed" if tuppeny hadn't assisted me...park the car, load, and get out...that is the best way

really that easy, imo

rick

Just let folks in, first in, first out...

to have everything on the dock ready to go is

1)not practical and congestive

2)poor use of load out time!... in the time it takes to get product from dock into vehicle, a load from booth can be in transit... it is seemless this way.. (as long as you have at least 2 folks loading out)

3)if you only have one person, like I was faced with last year, I would have been "screwed" if tuppeny hadn't assisted me...park the car, load, and get out...that is the best way

really that easy, imo

rick

I respect and understand your thoughts on this. Each venue has it's own set of issues with load in. We are working to make at as easy as possible. I am also working on a proposal to get extra help for people on the dock. Thank you for your input.

You can always contact me directly with any questions.

Coach

Thanks, Coach.

All posts on this subject are being recorded by me for analysis & will be addressed with the venue in the coming weeks.

Wish us luck :wishluck:

We'll need it, we are going from 75K sqft of dealer room to 200K sqft.

Is the dock used last year the only loading dock? Surely there are others if the hall is expanding?

Looking at the floor plans, it looks like just the one dock on the upper level. Having the second (West) Hall open to dealers is an improvement since its closer to the dock, but that just means more congestion in the loading area. If you don't have some help, or the aid of a fellow dealer, it might me a long load out that Sunday evening. Were I to get a table, I'd want to load in ASAP on Thursday and possibly start breaking down early on Sunday, otherwise, it's going to be a challenge.

One thing I would suggest is some type of row lettering system that is high up so people can see it.

I had an unbelievable amount of people asking where to find this or that and not really being able to tell them booth #XXX as there really was no way for them to find out as most the small signs were blocked by comic walls or other things.

Also a print out of the floor plan is always helpful for people. Maybe give it out when they get there badges to come in or put it in the program guide.

One thing I would suggest is some type of row lettering system that is high up so people can see it.

I had an unbelievable amount of people asking where to find this or that and not really being able to tell them booth #XXX as there really was no way for them to find out as most the small signs were blocked by comic walls or other things.

Also a print out of the floor plan is always helpful for people. Maybe give it out when they get there badges to come in or put it in the program guide.

Agreed, large hanging signs denoting the aisles are a must for this year, especially if the show is expanding to fill both halls.

As for the loading issue on Sunday, I would station three TBCC staff folks, wearing event t-shirts, on each side of the loading docks (so six in total). If the convention center insists that vendor material be on the dock prior to letting them park their trucks/vans, then the Con should supply some staff to "watch over" things left on the dock. That would be a huge relief, especially for dealers who are operating alone.

I have some feedback as an attendee. The show was great last time. The one downside was how crowded it was. The aisles were really packed and it made it difficult to shop.

If you are expecting the same volume of people, I would ask that you consider widening the aisles. Maybe this will be taken care of with the large space?