• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 1-3! Zeck, Wolfman, Steranko & Wrightson!

289 posts in this topic

Autograph seekers will find me at Gator's booth all weekend (except for load-in/load-out -- I'll be atop an ice chest full of beer making sure everything goes according to plan).

Autograph seekers will find me at Gator's booth all weekend (except for load-in/load-out -- I'll be atop an ice chest full of beer making sure everything goes according to plan).
:gossip: cooler full of coke zero

Hopefully you will swing by my booth frequently with this mythical ice chest! :baiting:

Tried booking at Embassy Suites through the Travel link over the weekend, and it appears the TBCC block of hotel rooms is sold out. Which is good news, as people are booking well in advanced to attend the show....never a bad thing.

Since some recent good news has forced me to change my plans from attending as a vendor, to attending as a vendor's "helper", I decided to stay somewhere outside of downtown for the two days that I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing all of you fine folks this August. :cool:

Tried booking at Embassy Suites through the Travel link over the weekend, and it appears the TBCC block of hotel rooms is sold out. Which is good news, as people are booking well in advanced to attend the show....never a bad thing.

Since some recent good news has forced me to change my plans from attending as a vendor, to attending as a vendor's "helper", I decided to stay somewhere outside of downtown for the two days that I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing all of you fine folks this August. :cool:

I was just looking at hotels and noticed that Embassy Suites is listing $399 per night as their lowest option. I almost spit my drink out. That can't be right. The Marriott next to it is $169. Did the Embassy think this was SDCC now?

I was just looking at hotels and noticed that Embassy Suites is listing $399 per night as their lowest option. I almost spit my drink out. That can't be right. The Marriott next to it is $169. Did the Embassy think this was SDCC now?

My guess is they sold out of the rooms reserved for the convention, and probably only have a few left for the entire weekend...which now become VERY expensive. Plenty of decent places to stay, but the Embassy is certainly the most convenient, especially if you are a dealer with material, like shortboxes of wall books, to transport to and from the show.

This is a link for the Tampa Marriott Waterside Tampa Bay Comic Con room block.

This will go on the website soon:

Standard guest rates are starting at $124.00

https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=25614327

From our company travel Director, Rick Mandriota:

Bill, the ES still has a $106.00 rate still for about 15 rooms per night over the nights of Friday and Saturday.

The night that is throwing everyone is the Thursday.

We have the Sheraton at $106.00 plus tax open and the Tampa Marriott Waterside starting at $124.00 plus tax.

Still some great options and choices. : )

Good to hear Bill. Guess I'll just have to commute in every day. :P

The Marriott is 50 feet further away than the Embassy Suites & the Sheraton is 3 blocks away, good sir!

I'm working on more rooms at the discounted rate at the ES. We have sold a ton of rooms, really early, really fast!

Brandon Peterson added to the guest list.

Heroes Haven, one of Tampa's best comic shops, will have the following artists at their tables & booths:

Brian Pulido

Bart Sears

Jamie Jones

Jennifer Mercer

Sajad Shah