• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 1-3! Zeck, Wolfman, Steranko & Wrightson!

289 posts in this topic

Bill and Stephen put me to work hosting guest panels all weekend and it was a blast. Hosted panels John Rhys-Davies, Jim Steranko, Marv Wolfman, Caity Lotz, Brighton Sharbino and Kyla Kenedy, and more. Awesome show!

Here's Lizzie and Mika pimpin' my Zombies from the Pulps! book.

DFPItaB.jpg

Had a great panel with Marv Wolfman - super nice guy.

G2vSLhP.jpg

Black Canary -- hell yeah!

6acyCrh.jpg

Got a number of things signed, but this was the grail. Original Raiders one sheet signed:

"From Sallah - the best digger in Cairo - for a real archaeologist! John Rhys-Davies"

That's going up in the office. ;)

j2g1oV9.jpg

Jeff got marv to sign a sheet (actual bed sheet) for us

lol yeah that was fun. Marv needed a sheet to cover his table during the panel. Fortunately I knew a man that had sheets. Gator came to the rescue and Marv was very grateful.

Well, the 2014 Tampa Bay Comic Con is in the books. It always feels kind of weird after the BIG EVENT has passed.

Overall, it was a very successful event. I did not get to talk to many exhibitors, but did talk to some of them and of the ones I did talk to none of them had bad reviews. I had one mediocre sales report and everyone else's was very, very positive.

Of the guest artists that I spoke to, all of them did very well.

Attendance was strong and continues to grow. We don't have a total attendance figure yet. Saturday was PACKED and the other two days were bustling.

We'll be back next year on July 31st - August 2nd!