• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The proper feedback

127 posts in this topic

Sucks to hear OP. I'd just not leave feedback and block them, if that happened to me.

I understand your frustration about the whole shipping thing. He probably did drop it off at the post office in the day it was "Accepted". Maybe he couldn't get to the post office in time, he might've had something in his life come up.

Anyways good luck

Postive. 5 stars on everything except how fast the package shipped - 3 or 4 stars depending on how everything else was. 2c

I don't know - just sitting on something for a week when someone pays right away they shouldn't get 5 stars. The other day, I sold a baseball card on ebay via BIN. I emailed the buyer that night saying if he paid me that night, I would get it shipped first thing in the morning. Then we had a big snow storm and I couldn't get it shipped.

I wrote the guy right away, apologized and explained the snowstorm and told him I would get it shipped the next day.

You earn 5 star. It's like tipping waiters/waitresses or anyone else - they earn the tip - or 5 star feedback. It's nothing to do with being nice or cheap or whatever - it's just holding people accountable. You can't give someone that goes the extra mile 6 stars, right? I think it's just caring about feedback. If you just rubber stamp everyone 5 star positive, just feels kind of lazy or you don't care. Again - all just my 2c (or :screwy: depending on how you look at it).

Positive all the way. Just take off a few on how fast shipped. (thumbs u

So you ding a guy who's responsible enough and conscientious enough to tell you, before you bid, exactly when you can expect your package and nails that estimate? Really?

You want a guy to take a day off of work or a special trip to the PO for a $3 book?

If he did that I'd give him a 6th star...that star representing a complete lack of rational thought. lol

I'd give him 4 stars. People DO make special trips to the PO for $3 books. I would, (shrug)

That $3 book to a kid may be his prized possession. What if it was a birthday present? I know. I know. :eyeroll: But you get what I'm saying. Positive Feedback with 4 stars for how fast shipped I think is appropriate - IMHO. :)

Then as a buyer I would have paid attention to the shipping date estimate within the auction details before bidding.

I've had that happen when someone pays on a Saturday, after the PO closes, and I print shipping, and pack it up...then Monday's a holiday or something...it's a 3 day wait in real time but Ebay emails that shipping notification the instant you print a shipping label. It can cause misunderstandings. That's probably what he was trying to avoid with that shipping estimate.

And I agree that things (delays, life) happen. But why couldn't the seller just shoot an email to the buyer saying "Hey, sorry for the delay. I'll try my hardest to get the book shipped ___day"....

In this instance, the seller just sits on the book and the buyer has to eat it while waiting for that unknown ___day.

THERE

WAS

NO

DELAY

It wasn't an "Unknown Day" it was right there in the auction listing.

If the buyer doesn't like the shipping estimate he is free to shop elsewhere.

I've had that happen when someone pays on a Saturday, after the PO closes, and I print shipping, and pack it up...then Monday's a holiday or something...it's a 3 day wait in real time but Ebay emails that shipping notification the instant you print a shipping label. It can cause misunderstandings. That's probably what he was trying to avoid with that shipping estimate.

And I agree that things (delays, life) happen. But why couldn't the seller just shoot an email to the buyer saying "Hey, sorry for the delay. I'll try my hardest to get the book shipped ___day"....

In this instance, the seller just sits on the book and the buyer has to eat it while waiting for that unknown ___day.

Bam

I know many of you are sellers on Ebay, so lets change the question to

Do you think it's right(or good customer service) to wait a week to send out a book that someone paid you right away for?

Without emailing them or mentioning in your auction that you only ship certain days? Something I have seen people do many times.

If I took the time to put it directly and clearly within the auction terms so that buyers could see the terms, and bid with those terms in mind, then yes. You bid with those shipping terms in mind and he shipped with those shipping terms in mind.

It's like a contract, you entered into it with all the terms in front of you, it is unfair and unreasonable to expect performance over and above the agreed upon terms when they were laid out in advance of your acceptance.

Sucks to hear OP. I'd just not leave feedback and block them, if that happened to me.

I understand your frustration about the whole shipping thing. He probably did drop it off at the post office in the day it was "Accepted". Maybe he couldn't get to the post office in time, he might've had something in his life come up.

Anyways good luck

You saw the part where the book arrived exactly when he promised it would, in the auction listing, right?

lol

THERE

WAS

NO

DELAY

I get the feeling the OP already made up his mind on the issue prior to starting this thread, and your response, filled with calm reasoning and logical thought, just doesn't jive with his quest for vengeance.

THERE

WAS

NO

DELAY

I get the feeling the OP already made up his mind on the issue prior to starting this thread, and your response, filled with calm reasoning and logical thought, just doesn't jive with his quest for vengeance.

I got that feeling when he "BAM"d Harvey's Wick's post about unilaterally expecting to be able to change contract terms without notifying the seller and then dinging them for not knowing there was a problem.

If the book arrived within the est delivery timeframe, I'm not sure what the problem is? (shrug)

I've had the same situation happen to me many times, book marked as shipped, no shipping updates for a week. All of a sudden it's marked as accepted. And if it gets to me when it said it would, I'm happy. What makes you think the seller was being malicious? As was mentioned earlier, maybe they could only get to PO on the weekend.

If the book arrived within the est delivery timeframe, I'm not sure what the problem is? (shrug)

I've had the same situation happen to me many times, book marked as shipped, no shipping updates for a week. All of a sudden it's marked as accepted. And if it gets to me when it said it would, I'm happy. What makes you think the seller was being malicious? As was mentioned earlier, maybe they could only get to PO on the weekend.

I always appreciate when a seller sets a shipping estimate like that, in the terms of the auction. It tells me they are organized and thinking the entire process through. They know when they can ship and when they will ship.

The fact that he printed postage and packed the book immediately should be lauded as a positive seller attribute. He kept all his promises.

Also, this is the last post I make on this topic in this thread.

:D

lol

Me too :) I've got bigger problems my panties are wadded

They make a salve for that. Trust me.

I was thinking some BlueStar ointment I hear it's good for lots of aliments :acclaim:

Panty-wadding is worse than any jock-itch, tetter, ringworm, or psoriasis.

:roflmao:

-slym

THERE

WAS

NO

DELAY

I got that feeling when he "BAM"d Harvey's Wick's post about unilaterally expecting to be able to change contract terms without notifying the seller and then dinging them for not knowing there was a problem.

tumblr_mmi11sUuj61ro8ysbo1_500.gif

As to not sending a friendly note to the buyer, if the seller is stacking up all of his/her sales to make a single trip to the post office (or similar), he/she may not have the time (or want to devote the time) to send all of the buyers a note saying your package is going out now.

And/or the seller may think this is completely unnecessary given the plain-view delivery estimate on his/her eBay listing.

Finally, that date given by eBay is just an estimate. It is based off of how long the seller says he/she will need to package and ship the item as well as the completely unknown factor of the shipping entity involved. It is an estimate.

Also, this is the last post I make on this topic in this thread.

lol

Me too :) I've got bigger problems my panties are wadded

They make a salve for that. Trust me.

I was thinking some BlueStar ointment I hear it's good for lots of aliments :acclaim:

Panty-wadding is worse than any jock-itch, tetter, ringworm, or psoriasis.

:roflmao:

-slym

you ain't kidding I've had them waded for weeks on end before :gossip:

I always appreciate when a seller sets a shipping estimate like that, in the terms of the auction. It tells me they are organized and thinking the entire process through. They know when they can ship and when they will ship.

The fact that he printed postage and packed the book immediately should be lauded as a positive seller attribute. He kept all his promises.

As someone that's never sold a comic in his life, I was unaware about ebay auto marking things as shipped. I learned that after seeing someone mention it on these boards, actually. To the OP's credit, he didn't know about that either.

Honestly, I've had stuff show up a few days after the time frame given, and still give the seller 5 stars. mess happens, as long as the item came as described, I'm usually a happy buyer.

Here is the exact wording copied and pasted from ebay for the shipping time rating.

"How quickly did the seller ship the item?"

That is what they are asking you to leave stars for.

So someone that waits a full week after getting paid to ship an item should get the same 5 star rating as the person who ships same day/next day?

The guy waited a week with no mention in his auction or email saying he was going to be delayed, all he had was a long shipping estimate that he waited till the very last day of to deliver on.

I have had many transactions where my item showed up before the first day of the estimated delivery times, not the last.

It was the fact that it was marked as shipped with tracking that annoyed me, something that I wasn't aware when I started this thread that ebay does automatically.

He will get positive feedback, there was never any question about that.

He will also get all his stars, even though he didn't ship quickly.

I'd probably even buy from the guy again, but in the future I'll know to expect to wait about twice as long as with most sellers.(something that if I had known upfront wouldn't have been a problem)

Here is the exact wording copied and pasted from ebay for the shipping time rating.

"How quickly did the seller ship the item?"

That is what they are asking you to leave stars for.

So someone that waits a full week after getting paid to ship an item should get the same 5 star rating as the person who ships same day/next day?

The guy waited a week with no mention in his auction or email saying he was going to be delayed, all he had was a long shipping estimate that he waited till the very last day of to deliver on.

I have had many transactions where my item showed up before the first day of the estimated delivery times, not the last.

It was the fact that it was marked as shipped with tracking that annoyed me, something that I wasn't aware when I started this thread that ebay does automatically.

He will get positive feedback, there was never any question about that.

He will also get all his stars, even though he didn't ship quickly.

I'd probably even buy from the guy again, but in the future I'll know to expect to wait about twice as long as with most sellers.(something that if I had known upfront wouldn't have been a problem)

Can we see a link to the item to see how large this shipping window was?