• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The proper feedback

127 posts in this topic

The seller has listed when you can expect your item, if you need or want it sooner it's on you to handle it. It might be as simple as asking for him to shake a leg, or paying for faster shipping, but the seller can't read your mind and know you impatient.

Know I'm impatient? Really?

Well I was going to just let this thread die, but since it's been bumped to the first page again, allow me to add some more things to it.

1. Copied from the sellers "about me" section on the listing(something I didn't see at first)

"•I generally ship 1 business days following payment "

Says he ships in one day following payment, not one week, I paid the guy instantly, and he still waited a full week to ship.

2. Lets talk about the 5 star rating system again.

If you hover your cursor above each star, it tells you what that number means.

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

3 stars = Neither slowly or quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

So based on Ebays definition of what each star number means you guys are saying that I should give this guy who waited a week to ship, even though his listing says one day, a 5 star rating for ship time??

According to the ebay star definition, this guy should get two stars, maybe 3 tops.

Yep, and relax a bit too. Taking a week to ship (if it was actually that long) is no big deal.

You can't read what you are highlighting?

Says he ships in a day, and waited a week.

And thanks for insinuating that I'm lying about it.

Dude, be easy!

First of all, he says he "generally" ships one business day after receiving payment. Generally is not a promise, if I saw that I'd figure it told me nothing.

Second, I'm not insinuating you're lying!! Why would I do that? I don't even know you. I assume you're referring to the "(if it was actually that long)" bit, yes? What I mean is, there could have been (most likely were) some days in there where he couldn't get to the PO, like Sundays for instance. Also, he could quite easily have gotten it to the PO the day before it's marked as recieved by them, if not longer. I dropped a package off at the PO a couple weeks ago that didn't register as received at USPS.com for a full week.

Third, The definitions from eBay are vague, and purposefully so. If you received your stuff within the timeframe listed in the sale, and you did say that, then that's good shipping.

definitions are vague? they are crystal clear, read again what I posted from ebay about what each star number means and then tell me what you find vague about it.

Guy says in ships in a day, and he waited a week, with no email saying he would be delayed, but yet you still think he should get the "5 star = Very quickly" rating for his ship time?

That's "ship time" in relation to the promised time of shipping and receipt. And the feedback is also meant to be in relation to your receipt of the item compared to that estimated date of arrival.

This feedback issue is not occurring in a vacuum where the shipping estimate is absent.

The seller has listed when you can expect your item, if you need or want it sooner it's on you to handle it. It might be as simple as asking for him to shake a leg, or paying for faster shipping, but the seller can't read your mind and know you impatient.

Well I was going to just let this thread die, but since it's been bumped to the first page again, allow me to add some more things to it.

1. Copied from the sellers "about me" section on the listing(something I didn't see at first)

Says he ships in one day following payment, not one week, I paid the guy instantly, and he still waited a full week to ship.

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

So based on Ebays definition of what each star number means you guys are saying that I should give this guy who waited a week to ship, even though his listing says one day, a 5 star rating for ship time??

According to the ebay star definition, this guy should get two stars, maybe 3 tops.

Yep, and relax a bit too. Taking a week to ship (if it was actually that long) is no big deal.

You can't read what you are highlighting?

Says he ships in a day, and waited a week.

And thanks for insinuating that I'm lying about it.

The word in bold above doesn't mean "every time".

Seriously, is there a link to the auction? So I can see his shipping time estimate?

+1

A link to the auction, and buds e-bay id would be great.

What's your ebay ID ? :wishluck:

Seriously, this guy sounds like a real nutjob and he's following the standard personality-regression pattern.

1) State case.

2) Get irritated when not everyone agrees with him.

3) Get angry when further arguments cause even fewer people to agree with him.

4) Insults, whining and aggressive behavior follow.

5) FDQ exit amid a hail of profanity.

I think we're currently between #4 and #5.

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

yes you're impatient. and how do you know he didn't ship the next day but it sat in the postal hub and went missing for a week? you got your item on time, put your big boy pants on and stop crying.

Because it says exactly what day the book was accepted by the post office.

Now go put on your big girl dress

While you're changing your pad, you need to learn how the postal service works.

Was it shipped media or parcel post? If so, it could take up to a week before it gets scanned as accepted at the post office. Even priority packages can sometimes take 2-3 days to be scanned as accepted at the post office.

Like I said earlier, the only time a parcel will say accepted almost immediately, is when handed to the desk clerk, and they scan the box right there. Even then, it sometimes takes up to 12 hours for the online tracking to update and show the "accepted" scan.

Sounds like you have waaaayyy too much free time. :eyeroll:

I would neg everyone that posted in this thread.

I negged you for waiting so long to post here.

I was stuck in Calgary so cut me some slack.

Here's the Friday love I thought I would see yesterday.

Look at my first post, I haven't edited anything.

I said right from the start this guy was getting positive feedback, that was never in question, the only to things I said I was considering was putting "slow to ship" in the positive feedback, or dinging him a star or two.

At that time I didn't know that items are automatically listed as shipped by ebay when someone prints a label, and once I found that out I stated that I wouldn't have started the thread had I known this upfront, and that the seller was getting positive feedback as well as 5 stars.

After that the thread resurfaced on the first page, and i rejoined just for the sake of arguing because I'm old and I get cranky in the morning.

I don't know where all this "I'm crazy" and the other assorted stuff is coming from.

I've never left anything but positive feedback in 12 years on ebay

I always pay right away, from a bank account linked to paypal so the transfer is instant.

And I'm loyal to the sellers I like, the worst you get from me is no repeat business and a silly thread about a possible star ding.

I have three transactions on the board, all positive, and I can link my tiny kudos thread if you would like to see proof of that.

This all sounds like a horrible buyer that you wouldn't want to deal with?

Well, if you bought a comic from me and I got it to you in the time alloted and you wanted to give me less than 5 stars...

:shrug:

I have been asked for my eBay ID here on the boards for less. (IMHO)

-slym

How come my books weren't delivered before I even paid for them?!?!?!?!?

:baiting:

There go your stars, buddy-boy. :makepoint:

I guess I should have used Priority Mail and only charged you for Media.

(:

-slym

That would have only gotten you 1-stars across the board. rantrant

I wanted them before you ever bought them, and for you to have used Next-day express, all while you paid me the price of the Next-day express service. That MIGHT, MIGHT, have gotten you 2-stars across the board. hm

Don't even get me started on positive, neutral, or negative. :censored:

:slapfight: