• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The proper feedback

127 posts in this topic

And if I may make a suggestion, take a moment to consider before firing off three PMs to someone cursing them out, when it's possible you may have read them wrong. :foryou:

Come to think of it, the PMs were all in separate threads...that could have been a technical error, or were you so pissed you had to yell at me three times?

:o

doh!

Nobody sent you 3 pm, I sent two, one telling you where to get off for insinuating that I'm lying, and the second explaining why when you didn't understand the first.

The seller has listed when you can expect your item, if you need or want it sooner it's on you to handle it. It might be as simple as asking for him to shake a leg, or paying for faster shipping, but the seller can't read your mind and know you impatient.

Know I'm impatient? Really?

Well I was going to just let this thread die, but since it's been bumped to the first page again, allow me to add some more things to it.

1. Copied from the sellers "about me" section on the listing(something I didn't see at first)

"•I generally ship 1 business days following payment "

Says he ships in one day following payment, not one week, I paid the guy instantly, and he still waited a full week to ship.

2. Lets talk about the 5 star rating system again.

If you hover your cursor above each star, it tells you what that number means.

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

3 stars = Neither slowly or quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

So based on Ebays definition of what each star number means you guys are saying that I should give this guy who waited a week to ship, even though his listing says one day, a 5 star rating for ship time??

According to the ebay star definition, this guy should get two stars, maybe 3 tops.

Yep, and relax a bit too. Taking a week to ship (if it was actually that long) is no big deal.

You can't read what you are highlighting?

Says he ships in a day, and waited a week.

And thanks for insinuating that I'm lying about it.

Dude, be easy!

First of all, he says he "generally" ships one business day after receiving payment. Generally is not a promise, if I saw that I'd figure it told me nothing.

Second, I'm not insinuating you're lying!! Why would I do that? I don't even know you. I assume you're referring to the "(if it was actually that long)" bit, yes? What I mean is, there could have been (most likely were) some days in there where he couldn't get to the PO, like Sundays for instance. Also, he could quite easily have gotten it to the PO the day before it's marked as recieved by them, if not longer. I dropped a package off at the PO a couple weeks ago that didn't register as received at USPS.com for a full week.

Third, The definitions from eBay are vague, and purposefully so. If you received your stuff within the timeframe listed in the sale, and you did say that, then that's good shipping.

definitions are vague? they are crystal clear, read again what I posted from ebay about what each star number means and then tell me what you find vague about it.

Guy says in ships in a day, and he waited a week, with no email saying he would be delayed, but yet you still think he should get the "5 star = Very quickly" rating for his ship time?

Uncle!!

And if I may make a suggestion, take a moment to consider before firing off three PMs to someone cursing them out, when it's possible you may have read them wrong. :foryou:

Come to think of it, the PMs were all in separate threads...that could have been a technical error, or were you so pissed you had to yell at me three times?

doh!

Nobody sent you 3 pm, I sent two, one telling you where to get off for insinuating that I'm lying, and the second explaining why when you didn't understand the first.

indiana-jones-popcorn-reaction-gif.gif

-slym

Actually, I take that back. I don't want to bait you m'man. You read me wrong, it's famously hard to get one's tone across properly online, so my apologies. :foryou:

Good enough, apology accepted.

If I had the wrong idea about what you meant, then I would like to apologize for the PM I sent you.

doh!

As I say, it was probably a tech glitch, but this is what I'm talking about:

vksx.jpg

Actually, I take that back. I don't want to bait you m'man. You read me wrong, it's famously hard to get one's tone across properly online, so my apologies. :foryou:

Good enough, apology accepted.

If I had the wrong idea about what you meant, then I would like to apologize for the PM I sent you.

68.jpg:)

The seller has listed when you can expect your item, if you need or want it sooner it's on you to handle it. It might be as simple as asking for him to shake a leg, or paying for faster shipping, but the seller can't read your mind and know you impatient.

Well I was going to just let this thread die, but since it's been bumped to the first page again, allow me to add some more things to it.

1. Copied from the sellers "about me" section on the listing(something I didn't see at first)

Says he ships in one day following payment, not one week, I paid the guy instantly, and he still waited a full week to ship.

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

So based on Ebays definition of what each star number means you guys are saying that I should give this guy who waited a week to ship, even though his listing says one day, a 5 star rating for ship time??

According to the ebay star definition, this guy should get two stars, maybe 3 tops.

yes you're impatient. and how do you know he didn't ship the next day but it sat in the postal hub and went missing for a week? you got your item on time, put your big boy pants on and stop crying.

doh!

As I say, it was probably a tech glitch, but this is what I'm talking about:

vksx.jpg

Weird

Ok, so the 3:00 meeting in Phils parking lot is off then :slapfight:

At least we did get a little Friday spice in the thread, even if it was a day late

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

yes you're impatient. and how do you know he didn't ship the next day but it sat in the postal hub and went missing for a week? you got your item on time, put your big boy pants on and stop crying.

Because it says exactly what day the book was accepted by the post office.

Now go put on your big girl dress

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

you got me good, :applause:

No idea why I'm bothering. But...

That isn't the date it arrived at the post office, that's the date it was scanned by a postal employee. Your package could have sat at the post office, in a postal carriers truck if they picked the package up from the sellers business, or any other number of places for days prior to being scanned as accepted by the post office.

A package doesn't walk through the door of the post office and magically announce it's arrival to the world, and scan itself into the system. Someone has to scan it in.

Was it possibly the fault of the seller, if we can define a package arriving on time as a fault, sure. Was it also likely to be the fault of a postal carrier or employee? I think yes.

But you want to penalize the sellers feedback for doing nothing wrong, and even if you could argue that not getting it there faster than the promised time was wrong, you can't prove it was his fault.

What's your ebay id again?

That isn't the date it arrived at the post office, that's the date it was scanned by a postal employee. Your package could have sat at the post office, in a postal carriers truck if they picked the package up from the sellers business, or any other number of places for days prior to being scanned as accepted by the post office.

A package doesn't walk through the door of the post office and magically announce it's arrival to the world, and scan itself into the system. Someone has to scan it in.

Was it possibly the fault of the seller, if we can define a package arriving on time as a fault, sure. Was it also likely to be the fault of a postal carrier or employee? I think yes.

But you want to penalize the sellers feedback for doing nothing wrong, and even if you could argue that not getting it there faster than the promised time was wrong, you can't prove it was his fault.

media mail is notorious for doing this as well as parcel post. the only thing that gets scanned somewhat consistent is priority express and even that's not 100%

Positive - never assume that the shipping delay was due to the seller, as he may have dropped it off to his postie, who then sat on it for a few days. Or it could have been sitting in a warehouse for a few days, etc. With the PO, you never know.

I had that happen. I gave my postal guy a trackable box and it took for-freaking ever to hit the tracking system, and I honestly thought it was lost.

Of course, the seller could be Lazy Joe from Idaho, but after experiencing it myself, I always give the benefit of the doubt.

5 stars = Very quickly

4 stars = Quickly

2 stars = Slowly

1 star = Very slowly

Yep, and relax a bit too. Taking a week to ship (if it was actually that long) is no big deal.

You can't read what you are highlighting?

Says he ships in a day, and waited a week.

And thanks for insinuating that I'm lying about it.

The word in bold above doesn't mean "every time".

Seriously, is there a link to the auction? So I can see his shipping time estimate?

That's the one thing most people don't understand, not all packages are scanned immediately at the post office. If it was a parcel post or media mail package, it could have sat at that post office for 3 days to a week before it was scanned at the p.o. as being "accepted". This happens because the mail trucks are loaded first with letters and flats, than express mail, then priority mail parcels. IF, and I do mean IF, there is room remaining on the truck, then they'll load parcel post and media mail packages until the truck is full.

Often times, there will be a period of days before there is room on the mail truck to load any media or parcel post packages. Unless the box is handed to the clerk at the counter, and they scan it right there, it usually will not be scanned until it is actually loaded onto the truck.

So your "assumption" that he "sat" on the box for a week being taking it to the post office is just that, an "assumption".

And you know what happens when you "assume". :D