• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What CGC 9.8 (or better) would you want?

41 posts in this topic

Dreamland 9.8 - Daredevil #1

Realityland 9.8 - Sandman #8 or Daredevil #158

I like that lol

A little off topic, but what would a DD 1 in 9.8 run for now? Seems like it might come close to the larger SA keys.

DD in 9.6 isn't cheap, but for it's significance and rarity it is not in the league with others that came out at around the same time. I think it sells for around 30k compared to the Avengers at $250k. Given 9.6 is the top grade, but even an Avengers in 9.4 is 130k. This is a sleeper book.

Ew, who would want a yucky 9.8?

(:

Not you....please send me all your 9.8s because they are so yucky! :gossip:

I don't have any CGC 9.8s.

(:

*EDIT* beyond the Secret Santa Raffle present I got, that is... :blush:

-slym

I only have 1 9.8. Why get a 9.8 when you can get 1 9.6 for 1/2 the price that looks almost as good (shrug)

Ew, who would want a yucky 9.8?

(:

Not you....please send me all your 9.8s because they are so yucky! :gossip:

I don't have any CGC 9.8s.

(:

*EDIT* beyond the Secret Santa Raffle present I got, that is... :blush:

I only have 1 9.8. Why get a 9.8 when you can get 1 9.6 for 1/2 the price that looks almost as good (shrug)

Shh... logic & reason have no place in CG!

:ohnoez:

-slym

Whichever one would make me the most money when I sell it. I have zero interest in having a slabbed 9.8 in my collection.

If I found myself with the wherewithall to buy any comic in any grade, and I decided to leave some books slabbed, I wouldn't make a special effort to acquire anything more than a 9.4. The degrees of imperfection that separate a 9.4 from a 9.8 or 9.9 have no effect on my appreciation of a book.