• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me my comic brothers! I am puzzled.

83 posts in this topic

That's too bad...unfortunately i'm afraid some people on the boards might be competing to buy it now that you posted it...

:(

Personally, I believe everything happens for a reason and you are better off. i'd stick to SA stuff and not get pulled into spending 2k on a modern book with reported rare print runs...just my opinion

SO! I am not sure how I feel about this at all. The seller INCREASED the price on the lot by $1000. I got a ebay msg from him stating that he has been getting flooded with emails about the book and he is increasing the price to feel out the market and his best offer was a 9.0 ASM 14. I should have kept my mouth and thoughts to myself on this one but to raise the price of his lot to $4000 is a FU CKING JOKE.

Wow...

That is a bush league move by the seller.

Sorry, man.

That's too bad...unfortunately i'm afraid some people on the boards might be competing to buy it now that you posted it...

:(

Personally, I believe everything happens for a reason and you are better off. i'd stick to SA stuff and not get pulled into spending 2k on a modern book with reported rare print runs...just my opinion

+1

I know you love the series but I doubt there are a ton of people lining up to buy this book. It is more of a "Collector's Item" than a true treasure imo. On the other hand, I hope the seller chokes on it. (thumbs u

SO! I am not sure how I feel about this at all. The seller INCREASED the price on the lot by $1000. I got a ebay msg from him stating that he has been getting flooded with emails about the book and he is increasing the price to feel out the market and his best offer was a 9.0 ASM 14. I should have kept my mouth and thoughts to myself on this one but to raise the price of his lot to $4000 is a FU CKING JOKE.

really? before you mention the book, there is no interest on this book. Now, there are many people trying buy it, just doesn't add up. Honestly, I don't think you truly wanted this book. If you really need the book, you would have already brought the book.

P.S. I'm starting questioning the motive behind this thread. :devil:

really? before you mention the book, there is no interest on this book. Now, there are many people trying buy it, just doesn't add up. Honestly, I don't think you truly wanted this book. If you really need the book, you would have already brought the book.

?????????? ???????? Ummm I think you should search the threads. I have been trying like hell to buy this book. If the seller was reasonable then my post would have been totally different. I can provide screen shots of our msgs to each other. He is trying to score as much as he can and take advantage of someone. Here is an example. ..He is selling 2 variants a 1:15 and a 1:30 for $1000?????What!? Where does that happen? I am leaving the option open of accepting $4000 to buy his lot with the book included. Would you like to donate?

There are more then 10...

Marvel is not printing 10 copies of anything. Don't get suckered into it by hypothetical numbers!

THIS.

Marvel specified how 10 could be earned, it didn't say there were ONLY 10.

It says "limited" and "no replacements will be available".

Marvel can print as many as they want, give away 10 in a contest, and still have more.

I do know one retailer that had a copy and he did not sign up for that retailer party thing in the post.

See?

Don't buy the hype (literally).

Batman 608 RRP was rumored to be 200 copies.

The CGC census has 280.

"FYI, I raised the price to see if the interest remains the same or slows down to gauge the market value."

I would reply back to him you were willing to buy at the original price and good luck with your $4000 sale price. Tell him that when it doesn't sell you would be happy to buy the book from him for original price -$300

there was interest in this book for sure, Just not over accelerated hype. Carter should have just purchased the book but he was not sure if it was overpriced so he used the boards for some info and it blew back on his deal. I really don't think he was shilling this book.

Got an email from Marvel.

C.V.,

Afraid I’m only going to be able to give you a certain amount of help on this, but I’ll do what I can.

First off, I scoured our offices, but we no longer have any copies of this cove in hand, I’m afraid.

But while I cannot tell you the exact quantity that was created, it was far in excess of 10 copies. As a matter of fact, we had a box of these that got given out as freebies at some of our convention appearances last year—so there are a decent quantity of them in existence.

Hope that helps at least somewhat. Good luck!

Tom B

MMM

As much as I love modern books, I don't think I'd ever drop over 1k on one. Unless you truly love the book and future value isn't a factor it seems to be too much of a risk to invest in something long term. The only one I, personally, would be ok dropping that kind of money on is a Walking Dead 1. a. because I really enjoy the series and b. It seems to be a big enough cultural phenomenon that it's value will at the very least hold.

Got an email from Marvel.

C.V.,

Afraid I’m only going to be able to give you a certain amount of help on this, but I’ll do what I can.

First off, I scoured our offices, but we no longer have any copies of this cove in hand, I’m afraid.

But while I cannot tell you the exact quantity that was created, it was far in excess of 10 copies. As a matter of fact, we had a box of these that got given out as freebies at some of our convention appearances last year—so there are a decent quantity of them in existence.

so with this new found info...are you still going after this book?