• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first CGC submission - Lots of wins, one major failure!

7 posts in this topic

So, I did my first submission of 9 books at CGC, received 5 and the 4 others are on their way back (so I got the grade).

Mostly, it's wayyyyyyy better than I would have guessed!

2x Uncanny X-men 266 at 9.8 each

2x New Mutants 98 at 9.8 each

G.I. Joe 21 at 9.6

Sandman 18 error edition at 9.6

NYX #3 at 9.8

Daredevil 168 at 9.2

and with every great win comes great failures lol the last one Avengers Annual 10 (first Rogue) came in at 9.6 with the purple label of death!

The cover was slightly restored with color touches (hiding creases).

I read on this board that a black light might be a good tool in detecting these, anybody has a recommendation on the type of light (and or model) to use???

Now I'll go and start to prepare my 2nd submission to CGC!

So, I did my first submission of 9 books at CGC, received 5 and the 4 others are on their way back (so I got the grade).

Mostly, it's wayyyyyyy better than I would have guessed!

2x Uncanny X-men 266 at 9.8 each

2x New Mutants 98 at 9.8 each

G.I. Joe 21 at 9.6

Sandman 18 error edition at 9.6

NYX #3 at 9.8

Daredevil 168 at 9.2

and with every great win comes great failures lol the last one Avengers Annual 10 (first Rogue) came in at 9.6 with the purple label of death!

The cover was slightly restored with color touches (hiding creases).

I read on this board that a black light might be a good tool in detecting these, anybody has a recommendation on the type of light (and or model) to use???

Now I'll go and start to prepare my 2nd submission to CGC!

Did you contact the seller about the book with resto?

Thanks retro :)

sqeggs: All these books comes from my personal collection I have collected over time since I'm a kid (30+ years), so I don't remember where I had acquired it. I'm way past a claim on that one hehe

The downside of having collected books for so long, you lose trace of where you get them. The upside is, all the others are in great shape as I purchased them myself the day they were out (for like $1 lol) and I had put them in a mylar right away!

The minor wear incurred overtime was easily corrected with a pressing :)