• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Discuss Mr Freeze Bats #121 / tec #373

18 posts in this topic

I have been trying to figure out why Detective comics #373 is so cheap/underrated.. Am I wrong that this book is:

Mr freeze 1st silver age appearance.

First time Mr freeze is named Mr Freeze (in comics)

2nd overall appearance of the character.

Black cover tough in grade

I could be wrong that's why I am posting. Looking for feedback and info. I know Mr freeze is no Joker but to some, he is a cool bats villain.

None of this info is ever posted on CGC slabs or in the OSPG ? This leads me to believe I am missing something.

If this has been discussed before I could not find it.

You don't consider Batman #121 Silver Age?

I can see starting one's SA Batman collection with the "new look" books, but that doesn't make the late 50s, early 60s Batman books not Silver Age.

If the book is indeed "undervalued", I'd say it's due to Mr. Freeze being a third tier villain, despite TV and movie appearances.

You don't consider Batman #121 Silver Age?

I can see starting one's SA Batman collection with the "new look" books, but that doesn't make the late 50s, early 60s Batman books not Silver Age.

If the book is indeed "undervalued", I'd say it's due to Mr. Freeze being a third tier villain, despite TV and movie appearances.

Good point. So if that's the case its the second silver appearance but first as Mr Freeze?

Bats 121 is awesome period.

+1 and not as expensive as an equivalent high grade Mavel key.

Curious as to what you would consider an equivalent Marvel key.

FF is a third tier property now, right? :devil:

yup....i will add his appearances were lame to add to insults...but the entire game of hot books make little sense to me.

The memories with speculators are short...how did the 1st appearance of Viper, Silver Samurai, Manderin, etc...and whatever came did since the movies came out?

..but it won't stop.

I have been trying to figure out why Detective comics #373 is so cheap/underrated.. Am I wrong that this book is:

I could be wrong that's why I am posting. Looking for feedback and info. I know Mr freeze is no Joker but to some, he is a cool bats villain.

None of this info is ever posted on CGC slabs or in the OSPG ? This leads me to believe I am missing something.

Undoubtedly, the coolest! :D

Undoubtedly, the coolest! :D

:P

I know there's a Batman Collecting Thread but I couldn't find it so I'll ask the question here and I hope I don't offend anyone:

Does anyone know the FMV of Batman 189 (First Silver Age Scarecrow) in CGC 9.0 with OW/W PQ? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance!

I know there's a Batman Collecting Thread but I couldn't find it so I'll ask the question here and I hope I don't offend anyone:

Does anyone know the FMV of Batman 189 (First Silver Age Scarecrow) in CGC 9.0 with OW/W PQ? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance!

GPA says $610 for 2014. In 2012 $335. Anywhere in that range you should be OK.