• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JESSE EISENBERG IS LEX LUTHOR

98 posts in this topic

It's the age that's getting me. Dude's younger than I think of Lex. But one often benefits from an open mind, so here goes... :wishluck:

Ya, same thing here. Hard to imagine Luthor that young, not that he hasn't been portrayed as such before. Just doesn't jibe with whatever concepts are embedded in my preconceptions.

But I'll give the movie a chance and see. Try to reserve judgment.

Soon enough WB will be selling DC to Disney.

That proposition always fascinated me. If by chance WB decided to ever sell DC and Disney acquired the characters, does Disney keep two separate universes or does Disney allow everyone to mingle?

:o

Nice to see everyone finally coming around. :applause:

Yes, two people going along with your now-famous "Disney buying DC" is everyone getting on board with what is meant to be a shock - value statement.

:facepalm:

Mephisto is just repeating your statement to bust chops. And save your "buy you ice cream so I can threaten you" statement for someone that cares.

He hasn't really impressed me in any movie yet, but I'd love to be surprised. I can kinda see the potential. Let's just wait and see.

Eisenberg is very good at being simultaneously nervous and smug. I give him credit for having consistently chosen good material. I found him very effective in "Adventureland" (Kristen Stewart was good in that too). He was also a great fit for "The Social Network."

I had heard rumors that they were considering Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor. That would have been interesting, but it would basically have been Lex Heisenberg.

The "Superman" and also "Batman" movies are definitely different from the experience I had reading them as a kid. "Superman" was the first comic I really loved, based on a giant-sized reprint anthology I got at the Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio when I was probably about 6 years old (too short to go on the good roller coasters). I found it imaginative, powerful, but also really witty and whimsical. The whimsy is completely lost in the modern version of Superman. There is no Mr. Myxlplyk.

If I were hired to write/direct a Superman movie, the villain wouldn't be Luthor, it would be Mr. Mxyzptlk . I'd like to see a whole movie based on Mr. Mxyzptlk. Now THAT would be a challenging casting decision.

I was hoping for Brainiac in Man of Steel.

:o

Nice to see everyone finally coming around. :applause:

Yes, two people going along with your now-famous "Disney buying DC" is everyone getting on board with what is meant to be a shock - value statement.

:facepalm:

Mephisto is just repeating your statement to bust chops. And save your "buy you ice cream so I can threaten you" statement for someone that cares.

O yeah, he's the ice cream dude. lol

I wish they would quit using Lex Luthor all together.

^^

When with they learn to stop recycling the same characters over and over?!!!

Who are the best non-Lex villains in Superman comics? Who would work best in movies?

MONGUL!

supes-for-the-man-630x473.jpg

^^

Who are the best non-Lex villains in Superman comics? Who would work best in movies?

Darkseid.

Just Darkseid.

-slym

Maybe in this new DC movie universe Clark and Lex went to high school together, so they both be about 30 years old. Makes more and more sense to me to have a young Luthor. But, Jesse is a bit to weasily all the time. I'm sure he'll just be the arrogant Jesse side we have seen him play! and not the inexperienced kid approach.

Anyway, will Luthor be the main villain? Or more like observing from behind the scenes leading to a bigger role next time? His anger and jealousy toward Superman could grow in this film, and explode in the next...

It's a natural that they have a lex Luthor in this new Superman world, but if he starts talking real estate again? Hoo boy.

^^

I honestly don't know...i'm not a big DC or Superman fan (although I love GA Superman). I'm also not getting paid to come up with ideas to make it interesting for audiences.

Hollywood continues to recycle the same character and even in reboots and it's boring for an old geaser like me who was around in the 70s (as a kid) to see the original Superman Lex Luthor movies. :preach: Then they just used him in the reboot that stunk. The do one movie with Zod (rehashing again) and now have to resort back to Lex Luthor again. It just stinks from a fan perspective. Come up with something new.... :sumo:

Another thing to consider is, who says Superman has to use villains from his own rogue gallery since Warner Bros. has the rights to the entire DC universe. :makepoint:

Shake things up a little. (thumbs u

Maxwell Lord would've been a great alternative to Lex Luther.

^^

I honestly don't know...i'm not a big DC or Superman fan (although I love GA Superman). I'm also not getting paid to come up with ideas to make it interesting for audiences.

Hollywood continues to recycle the same character and even in reboots and it's boring for an old geaser like me who was around in the 70s (as a kid) to see the original Superman Lex Luthor movies. :preach: Then they just used him in the reboot that stunk. The do one movie with Zod (rehashing again) and now have to resort back to Lex Luthor again. It just stinks from a fan perspective. Come up with something new.... :sumo:

You do have a very good point there....

It will never happen (and if it did, it would be schlock), but imagine a movie where they used the Bizarro characters.

They have to establish lex luthor in the Superman/DC/moviverse. But let's hope again that he's not the same old real estate baron fool character, and that they don't make him Suoermans great nemesis, just a powerful resourceful enemy.

. MOS was so dark that I don't think we have to worry about Lex being a comical bad guy at all though.

They have to establish lex luthor in the Superman/DC/moviverse. But let's hope again that he's not the same old real estate baron fool character, and that they don't make him Suoermans great nemesis, just a powerful resourceful enemy.

. MOS was so dark that I don't think we have to worry about Lex being a comical bad guy at all though.

How about if they make him a beer guzzling, two-bit actor that just plays a villain? Nahhhh, who would do something that stoopid? hm