• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee's Mighty 7

9 posts in this topic

Was just flipping thru the channels earlier today and saw a show called "Stan Lee's Mighty 7". I recorded it so I could watch it later. Looks to be an 1-1/2 animated show that premiered tonight on The Hub. Anyone catch it? I hadn't even heard about it.

Probably based upon the comic he did for Archie Comics a little over a year ago, called... Stan Lee's Mighty 7.

I don't know if he just lent his name to it, or came up with the concept, or what, but like most of what he does now, someone else wrote it (Tony Blake).

Stan is actually a character in the comic.

1051801.jpg

Yeah, Stan is a character in the series. From what I remember, the 7 are aliens. Stan gathers them under his wing, mentors them, and trains them to be a superhero team - which he then uses as a source of inspiration for his comic books.

That does actually sound like the kind of thing Stan would do if he could. hm

This was supposed to be a 6 issues min-series a couple years ago but I think they only published the first three issues. Wikipedia claims they stopped publishing the series because they wanted to save the concept for TV, which sounds like a giant load. Talk about spin doctoring a cancellation!