• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the captain america/winter soldier trailer

93 posts in this topic

I don't like the new costume. Avengers one was the best. First Avenger one was ok. This one is too far removed from the source material.

It's actually pretty close to his costume during the period where Bucky had taken over as Captain America and Steve was running the Secret Avengers.

26701L.jpg

Thanks. I knew i had seen it somewhere before. I just prefer the classic look.

Amazing trailer. Can't wait for this.

2 small things.

I don't like the new costume. Avengers one was the best. First Avenger one was ok. This one is too far removed from the source material.

I never liked Falcon as a character. Hopefully that will change with this movie.

Otherwise it looks perfect.

I thought Caps costume from the Avengers was one of the worst things in the film. I thought the outfit from First Avenger was OK and the one in Winter Soldier looks to be a big improvement on the Avengeds outfit. It was just too dificult to take him seriously in that one.

Don't say that! :cry:

I love my Cap doll

captainamerica419201216.jpeg

Movie looks amazing!! I wonder what will pull bigger box office numbers. This or ASM 2. I personally hope Cap does cause Disney is putting out a far superior product compared to Sony. Time will tell.

Spidey will get the better box office numbers because he's Spidey.

I think this Cap film will do significantly better than the last one though.

Amazing trailer. Can't wait for this.

2 small things.

I never liked Falcon as a character. Hopefully that will change with this movie.

Otherwise it looks perfect.

Pretty sure Cap only wears the new outfit for part of the movie until he breaks away from his new unit.

Movie looks amazing!! I wonder what will pull bigger box office numbers. This or ASM 2. I personally hope Cap does cause Disney is putting out a far superior product compared to Sony. Time will tell.

This definitely will exceed the worldwide numbers of the first movie. The look of the first movie was great with the characters and costumes used. Unfortunately, with the first movie the story was slightly choppy to show all the events Cap had been part of during WW II.

This looks much more choke full o'action, with just enough characters to keep it on target.

Agreed.

What I'd like to see is something similar to what didn't make it in the Avengers, of Cap sitting around reminiscing of his past, but this time maybe having him watching a Yankee game on TV and then turning it off and turning on the radio to listen to it instead. Just something subtle.

What I'd like to see is something similar to what didn't make it in the Avengers, of Cap sitting around reminiscing of his past, but this time maybe having him watching a Yankee game on TV and then turning it off and turning on the radio to listen to it instead. Just something subtle.

I think those subtleties are what really make Cap a cool character in the movies. I loved Avengers, but leaving out that scene where he's contemplative about being lost in time was a huge missed opportunity to elevate the character.

Cap is easily my favorite Marvel character on-screen. They really have the potential to give him some great depth. I hope they can do it.

Do you like Hawkeye's movie costume Garry? I still picture him when i see you even though i've met you a dozen times lol

Hawkeye's traditional costume would've looked silly on the big screen so yeah, I was happy with his movie outfit.

If my avatar makes you think I look like Hawkeye, I'm glad that I no longer have the Ant Man avatar that I had a few years ago. :tonofbricks:

Modern audiences wouldn't get that.

Would be cool though.