• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the captain america/winter soldier trailer

93 posts in this topic

Hawkeye's traditional costume would've looked silly on the big screen so yeah, I was happy with his movie outfit.

Everybody says this, but I believe a talented costume artist can pull off a lot of the looks in comics. Electro is a good example. Hawkeye too. I think it's just a lame excuse for not trying.

(Not singling you out gaz, it's just something that I hear often and always want to comment on.)

I liked Cap better than Xmen First Class. I'm probably in the minority but the second half of first class kind of bored me. Once those kid mutants were brought in it became a bit cheesy.

Cap was great and I've watched it several times now.

I liked Cap better than Xmen First Class. I'm probably in the minority but the second half of first class kind of bored me. Once those kid mutants were brought in it became a bit cheesy.

Cap was great and I've watched it several times now.

'X-Men: First Class' was a much better movie, for me. I enjoyed First Avenger. But not to the point I would go buy the DVD and watch it again.

Hawkeye's traditional costume would've looked silly on the big screen so yeah, I was happy with his movie outfit.

Everybody says this, but I believe a talented costume artist can pull off a lot of the looks in comics. Electro is a good example. Hawkeye too. I think it's just a lame excuse for not trying.

(Not singling you out gaz, it's just something that I hear often and always want to comment on.)

We'll have to agree to disagree with this. I think that some comic outfit designs just don't translate well to movies.

I think that Captain America's costume is a perfect example. In the 1st Cap movie they used a more grounded, military version of his costume and it worked fairly well. In Avengers, they seemed to try a version that was faithful to the comics but it just didn't work for me and many others. From the trailers it looks like the latest Cap film will feature a more grounded design again and it looks like it fits the movie to me. 2c

Captain America: The Winter Soldier to Lead Directly Into Avengers: Age of Ultron

With less than two months to go before Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters, The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger has revealed that the Marvel Studios sequel will pave the way for 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron and that repercussions of the blockbuster's storyline will also be felt on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." :headbang:

Iger did not reveal any specifics about what overall effect The Winter Soldier will have on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but he did say that the storyline will "set critical events in motion” that lead to the May 1, 2015 release. In between the two films, Marvel will release James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1. Although it has already been revealed that the space adventure will expand on Thanos' brief appearance during the post-credits of Marvel's The Avengers, there's no word yet on whether or not that particular film will relate directly to Age of Ultron.

a0i8.jpg

Too funny! The lead pirate, Batroc (the leaper, right?), is played by George St. Pierre a.k.a. GSP! GSP is French Canadian and also happens to be widely regarded as one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time, fighting primarily in the welterweight division of the UFC his entire career. He is currently in semi-retired status because, apparently, he's now a movie star! He's actually quite popular because he is an uncharacteristically humble fighter IMO.

Sebastian Stan was influenced by Heath Ledger's Joker in 'The Dark Knight'

In a recent interview with Cover Media of Heath Sebastian Stan talks about how Heath Legder's role in The Dark Knight as the joker was a major inspiration to him playing the villain for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. "I just always admired his performance and him as an actor, I can't compare myself to anything like that. He is an inspiration. That was his most memorable performance, [the Joker]. I think we've all seen in the last decade [how excellent these performances have been]."