• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first comic you ever bought and why

46 posts in this topic

mine was action #350

I remember staring at it in amazement wondering who this guy was

i was hooked after that. Action_Comics_350.jpg

Darkwing Duck 1. Cuz I liked the idea of a Crimefighter duck

a goose would be more effective due to size and orneryness

This was the first book I ever bought. I found it at a local video store in 1996 that for some reason had comics on the counter. I paid 20 for this one as well as issues 19,20. My friend let me read some of his comics and I was enthralled with secret wars. I really liked the Fantastic Four and when I saw this I just had to have it. I got it signed by Stan (since it has 6 of his characters on the cover) in 2013. So, at 16 years old I got the itch and it has been a crazy ride ever since :)

7mnq.jpg

It was a very early FF

my father was a bus driver and brought the comics he found on the seats after he cleaned the bus home

So I was reading the story about a alien that destroyed planets and wanted to know how it ended so went to the corner store bought my first comic a FF

I think but not sure I used the money my mother had given me to buy chocolate milk from the milkman

:)

This baby right here...

image_zpsb7174917.jpg

I became such a huge fan of Nightcrawler after playing the classic arcade game, I just had to own a comic book that him on the cover. I was 8 at the time and this was the only one I could afford. Btw, is it just me or does Nightcrawler's left arm seem unusually long?

First comic overall, J:LA 34 (3-65) - http://dcindexes.com/features/database.php?site=dc&pagetype=comic&id=17349 - which I purchased off a candy store comic rack, with money I found in the street, at the age of 6. I walked the 2-3 blocks to the store with a couple of friends.

First Marvel, FF 49 (4-66) I was captivated by the cover.

second comic i bought was a mind-blower. i didnt know enough about art to know swan was better than boring i just knew it was more real seeming. adventure356p01.jpg

the funny thing about these first two comics is i can remember exactly where i was when i read it, what the weather was like and everything.

50143-2870-65599-1-spectacular-spider-m.jpg

I still remember it quite clearly. My grandmother let me scratch off one of those Bingo NY Lottery tickets, and I won $4. So, I went back into the store and grabbed this book off the newsstand and a candy bar. ...No idea what led me to purchase it, but this and the JCP Marvel Value Pack I got for Christmas that year started an addiction, so it will always have a special place in my comic book heart.

I remember the first comic I received but do not remember the first I ever bought.

I am pretty sure it was a GI Joe three pack that I bought at Toys R Us.

I can't even begin to know what my first comic was. (shrug)

I think it was a Beetle Bailey or a Sgt. Rock,then again I dug Looney tunes too. (shrug)

+1 but I'm thinking it was one of these....

DC-100-Page-Super-Spec-06_zps134d6501.jpg

greenlantern88_zps2b01c1c6.jpg

justiceleague94_zps8ad84b3c.jpg

I can remember books my dad bought me..... but the one I bought for myself?? Got me ...