• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Bronze Thread

195 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone

I do not have this book but a dealer in Canada has it for sale if you want it let me know Ill pass his info on to you. He is asking $44 shipped. It is pretty good condition for being a Brazilian EBAL edition.

Brazil version of Swamp Thing #10 = $39.00 plus $5.00 shipping = $44.00

unnamed29_zps543a5052.jpg

Just picked this up. Its Eureka #10 from Italy supposedly from 1976. I have no idea what it will be until I get it in the mail in a couple weeks. Anyone have a copy? or know if it is a reprint of one of the Marvel Previews?

_579_zps3982af4f.jpg

I did not know Eureka published Star-Lord, but it’s the magazine where Howard the Duck was presented in Italy (although they never published his comic book title).

The publisher (Editoriale Corno) is the same of the italian Marvel editions (1970-1984) so probably you can expect a black and white magazine with selected Star Lord stories from the Marvel magazines.

It also looks like a special issue (a supplement, as they did), as the regular Eureka had the main title in large lettering:

1013303-eureka_201976_20n05.jpg

Okay here it is. The lower crease kinda bugs me but it is pretty cool. The cover is from Marvels Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction magazine #3 It is dated 1976 on the inside cover the first story is Marvel Preview 4 second is a strip called Tiffany Jones, thirdly are Marvel Horror back up stories from tales of the Zombie including a Brother Voodoo, then finally an Animal circus strip. Its pretty thick the cover states 10 the inside states 34.

scan0048_zps1ac5f96a.jpg

Okay here it is. The lower crease kinda bugs me but it is pretty cool. The cover is from Marvels Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction magazine #3 It is dated 1976 on the inside cover the first story is Marvel Preview 4 second is a strip called Tiffany Jones, thirdly are Marvel Horror back up stories from tales of the Zombie including a Brother Voodoo, then finally an Animal circus strip. Its pretty thick the cover states 10 the inside states 34.

scan0048_zps1ac5f96a.jpg

Thats a cool book! :headbang:

What I find interesting is this is the earliest reprint of Marvel Preview 4 I have found the original is dated January 1976 and this October.

Thats a big gap, my understanding is usually around this time foreigns were printed pretty close to the original American date. THats almost a whole year? THere is bound to be an earlier foreign... hm

Its pretty thick the cover states 10 the inside states 34.

As I guessed from your earlier low resolution picture, that is a supplement to Eureka #10 – while (I have checked) #34 is the standalone number of the Supplements which were treated as a run on their own merit (and thus #34 is the real issue number).

See here (scroll down and search for "Eureka Supplementi": they are 45 issues total):

http://www.lfb.it/fff/fumetto/test/e/eureka.htm

Here’s the full list of the Supplementi title, which were antologies, I guess (yours is #34):

http://www.lfb.it/fff/fumetto/test/e/eureka_suppl.htm

@Matthew: Not necessarily: keep in mind that Corno started to publish Marvels in 1970, so with some 8-9 year delay, and a lot of material was left unpublished. Tomb of Dracula, for example, since they canceled the Dracula title, was "freezed" around 1976 when the publisher went bankrupt in 1983-84.

The last Dracula story (ToD #46, only half of the story) was published in the second, short-lived Shang-Chi series as a backup story, in the final issue before the title was canceled (#5). These are scarce.

bIeMISqh.jpg

This issue also publishes Power-Man #49, the last Powe Man issue.