• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which side of board to use?

29 posts in this topic

which side of the board do i use, the coated, shiny side or the noncoated, dull side? Also, what are some of the better boards and bags to use for long term storage?

Dull side face out-board( the side making contact with the inside of the bag). Comic will go,

back-onto-glossy-side. The rest is to me a mater of prsonal choice, as well as what I just posted.

27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

which side of the board do i use, the coated, shiny side or the noncoated, dull side? Also, what are some of the better boards and bags to use for long term storage?

popcorn.gif What Death meant to say was, if you are using a board that has two different sides, throw it away. Good boards don't have different sides, they are the same on both sides sumo.gif Trust me, no matter what your LCS told you, those boards are crapola.

Buy your boards from E.Gerber, either HalfBacks or FullBacks, depending on your budget. sumo.gif

If I am making a sandwich, I use the shiny side because it is easier to clean off. But that's just me. confused-smiley-013.gif YMMV

I don't think it matters actually. But as folks here pointed out in a thread like this awhile back, the "shiny" side is smoother and should make sliding your books in and out just a tad bit easier.

which side of the board do i use

gossip.gif Rumor has it that all the cool people hang out on the Golden Age side of these message boards. gossip.gif

yay.gif

I heard the same rumor. Of course, the guy who told me the rumor also told me that Chess Club was the best place to meet hot chicks. screwy.gif

which side of the board do i use

gossip.gif Rumor has it that all the cool people hang out on the Golden Age side of these message boards. gossip.gif

yay.gif

I heard the same rumor. Of course, the guy who told me the rumor also told me that Chess Club was the best place to meet hot chicks. screwy.gif

Now that's just ridiculous. Who told you that? Greggy? sumo.gif

Everyone knows the A/V club is where all the hot chicks hang out. yay.gifyay.gif