• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romances Just in Time for Valentine's Day! ***15% Off***

131 posts in this topic

Perfect Love #10 FN/VF $55

OPG is $42 in Fine.

This is a St. John's in name only. No Baker, but a great photo cover. The black cover shows everything and could use with a nice meeting with a Sharpie. (I kid.)

Spine breaks and a minor tear at the top of the spine is the major problem with it. I think I was the first one to read it. Paper quality is not great, but this presents very, very well.

PerfectLove011_zps6c2711f8.jpg

And that's it for tonight.

I'll scan more and list more tomorrow night, though I may only have a few more St. Johns. (I have a ton of Atlas, ACG, and Prize/Hillman, though.) PM with requests and I may have them and I'll gladly scan and post.

I'll PM the winners in the morning, as midnight has snuck up on me rather quickly.

OK, boys and girls.

Last night as I was going through my stuff after I posted these, I found a book I thought I had sold years ago and which is one of the most sought-after romance/St. John's books out there:

Giant Comics Editions #9

It looks to be around a VG or better. I'll scan it tonight.

Here's the thing. I underestimated the Baker love here and I probably sold these for a little less than I could have. On the other hand, I don't like to price things at multiple guide and let them sit.

So for this one, I'm going to do an auction starting tonight. I'll continue to list normal romances on this thread as well, but I'll start a different thread for the giant.

It probably won't be up until around 9 Central time.

Great Lover Romances #7 VG OPG $20 Your Price $14!

Michael Scott's favorite publisher, Toby. There's some dust on the edges of this; otherwise it would be closer to Fine.

GreatLover7018_zpsbca69860.jpg

My Experiences #21 VG- OPG $50 Your Price $40!

If it's starts with "My", you know it's a Fox book. It says there are two Wally Wood stories in this. There are three stories in it; the second one looks like really early Wood, but I don't know which of the others he did.

Slight spine roll.

MyExperience21017_zpsf3f9d555.jpg

Secret Story Romance #1 FN+ OPG $60 Your Price $50

Nice copy that has some Marvel chipping on the back (did they have Marvel chipping in 1953?). Great Jay Scott Pike cover. Cool Bill Everett story starts it off. A bit of a shadow along the right edge.

SecretStory1016_zps47e61551.jpg

Mr. Anthony's Love Clinic #2 GD OPG $11 Your Price $9

I also was once the Director Marital Relations Institute. Much nicer book, but there's a big chunk missing out of the back cover.

MrAnthony014_zpsf0bdeef5.jpg

MrAnthonyb015_zps47f41ad6.jpg

My Own Romance #19 FN/VF OPG $47 Your Price $38!

I love the 52-page Atlas books so much, and I actually (I know, I know) like the line-drawn covers more than the photo covers.

The biggest issue for this is there is some spine stress.

MyOwnRomance19020_zpsd7520913.jpg

I am a big fan of VF or better line drawn Atlas books with dark blue, purple, or black covers.... when I can afford them..... especilly Colletta covers... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u