• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schomburg Top 10 Covers - RESULTS ARE IN

73 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments. Many people have said they enjoyed the poll, but I'm with Ciorac in that it took painfully long (probably because we worked down from over 200 covers). That said, some boardies would like "one more" decisive poll where we can rank order the top 11. I'm ambivalent about having yet another poll, but am happy to administer one more if there's enough interest. So, I have a proposal. But first, the context...

Here's the concern with the last poll:

Because each boardee was allowed 10 votes in the "final" round of polling we only know the frequency by which a particular comic would fall into boardies' top 10 lists. We don't know how such voting translates into which book overall would be rated #1 or any other rank. For example, Suspense 3 was by far the most endorsed comic in the last poll, but that only tells us that more people thought it should be in the top 10 than any other book, not that it was necessarily #1 on their lists.

Options to address concern:

There's a couple ways to handle this. We could, as Timely suggests, have another poll where each participant can pick only one favorite, which the CGC poll can do. Nevertheless, more preferable I think is a true rank-order poll whereby each participant can rank the 11 final covers from 1 to 11. The problem is that the CGC polls do not have that capability. Fortunately, in the line of work I do, I have access to online survey tools that are more sophisticated.

The proposal:

(1). One last poll that, from start to finish, will take less than a week.

(2). In this poll boardies will literally rank-order the top 11; I'll use another survey service with more functionality.

(3). I'll include big images of said comics.

If 10 people say proceed with this idea, I'll do it. If not, no biggie.

I hope everyone is staying warm. I'm enjoying a snow day here in Virginia.

-Vision75

I didn't realize this last round was supposed to be the "last" round so I would appreciate proceeding with a new final round.

I'll vote in this new final round, but I would like to have another final voting round after that as well, please :wishluck:

Further, I vote that we all vote on the possibility of any subsequent final round voting after that secondary final voting round takes place.

I'll vote in this new final round, but I would like to have another final voting round after that as well, please :wishluck:

Further, I vote that we all vote on the possibility of any subsequent final round voting after that secondary final voting round takes place.

You forgot to determine if this poll is even necessary.