• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just have to bring this up again

385 posts in this topic

On a personal note, I'm not a fan of Pedigree's while I have no issue with SS books.

It's just for personal pref, I love the fact that I have a signed NM issue by Liefeld graded and a pic of my wife & Liefeld holding the book.

Ultimately, it's what everyone will tell you, don't like it, don't buy it.

Why do we have to proclaim our hate for things we personally don't like? Or am i misreading this and it's merely a discussion of what some people think the drawbacks are of SS books?

I saw a lot of angry red emoticons so I'm not sure.

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

This makes me very very sad.

Because comics have always been considered in the 'book' family there will always be the compulsion to have the creators sign them. This is just book culture and it has been around a lot longer than comics themselves so the habit is one that will likely endure moving forward.

I am NOT a fan of sig series. I understand the authentication of signatures is a boon to many collectible fields were forgeries are rampant and collectors have been ripped off many time.

That said, LEAVE THE :censored: HG PEDIGREE BOOKS ALONE for :censored: sakes. These are OO copies and if the OO wanted to have the :censored: creators sign them then they would have done so. The OO collections didn't :censored: survive in tact for decades so that you could get someone to take a felt :censored: marker or other device and have them scrawl their :censored: names over the cover in hopes that the book is going to worth 10% more than it otherwise would be AS IS, IN HG, with the PEDIGREE DESIGNATION.

This actually pissed me off sooooooo much that I do not buy sig :censored: series books in general and I wish pedigree collectors would draw a line in the sand on this one and NOT purchase sig series Pedigree Books. Especially the big Pedigrees, everyone who gets a sig series done for a Church Book should get 10 lashes or have a year taken of their existence. I think I saw a CURATOR sig series one and almost threw up in my mouth. A :censored::censored: CURATOR!!!!!

The sig can NEVER be undone you :censored: insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. I swear if I see an Okijima Camp book sig series, that person should spend 1 year in a :censored: internment camp and have to write "I will not sig series Pedigree books" on a chalk board for 8 hours a days every day.

LEAVE THE :censored: PEDIGREE BOOKS out of Sig. Series. pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-000336-medium.gifBad-bad-mad-angry-smiley-emoticon-000609-medium.gif

I think I need to get T-Shirts made.

Western Penn, sucka

IMG00070-20101011-2107.jpg

Let's quote this book some more.

:popcorn:

Wow, you are so vehemently against this that it almost makes me actually want to buy a Pedigree simply for getting a Signature on it, heck, multiple signatures.

Sheesh, some of you sure are passionate.

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

Because comics have always been considered in the 'book' family there will always be the compulsion to have the creators sign them. This is just book culture and it has been around a lot longer than comics themselves so the habit is one that will likely endure moving forward.

I am NOT a fan of sig series. I understand the authentication of signatures is a boon to many collectible fields were forgeries are rampant and collectors have been ripped off many time.

That said, LEAVE THE :censored: HG PEDIGREE BOOKS ALONE for :censored: sakes. These are OO copies and if the OO wanted to have the :censored: creators sign them then they would have done so. The OO collections didn't :censored: survive in tact for decades so that you could get someone to take a felt :censored: marker or other device and have them scrawl their :censored: names over the cover in hopes that the book is going to worth 10% more than it otherwise would be AS IS, IN HG, with the PEDIGREE DESIGNATION.

This actually pissed me off sooooooo much that I do not buy sig :censored: series books in general and I wish pedigree collectors would draw a line in the sand on this one and NOT purchase sig series Pedigree Books. Especially the big Pedigrees, everyone who gets a sig series done for a Church Book should get 10 lashes or have a year taken of their existence. I think I saw a CURATOR sig series one and almost threw up in my mouth. A :censored::censored: CURATOR!!!!!

The sig can NEVER be undone you :censored: insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. I swear if I see an Okijima Camp book sig series, that person should spend 1 year in a :censored: internment camp and have to write "I will not sig series Pedigree books" on a chalk board for 8 hours a days every day.

LEAVE THE :censored: PEDIGREE BOOKS out of Sig. Series. pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-000336-medium.gifBad-bad-mad-angry-smiley-emoticon-000609-medium.gif

Western Penn, sucka

Ya know I usually don't have time to play key board warrior in general but today I'll make an exception. I tend to notice that sig series books are very rarely HG Silver or HG Key BA. hm

You want to throw ur cahonies out there and impress me with your devotion to the yellow label, well open up your wallet. Go buy the TC Avengers 4 which will run 15-17K and up. Then go and get it of sig series'd by Stan. At that level you better have a buyer that appreciates the signature as much as you do. If the resale is hurt by say 4-5K because of the signature does the appeal go down for the yellow label fanatics. hm

I just had a nerdgasm...

I specifically didn't have Joe Sinnott sign that because he has a HUGE sig. :)

I got him on a Nova #1

How HUGE is it? lol

:blush:

Signatures on books.

Western Penn, sucka

Ya know I usually don't have time to play key board warrior in general but today I'll make an exception. I tend to notice that sig series books are very rarely HG Silver or HG Key BA. hm

You want to throw ur cahonies out there and impress me with your devotion to the yellow label, well open up your wallet. Go buy the TC Avengers 4 which will run 15-17K and up. Then go and get it of sig series'd by Stan. At that level you better have a buyer that appreciates the signature as much as you do. If the resale is hurt by say 4-5K because of the signature does the appeal go down for the yellow label fanatics. hm

THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN DOWN!

:o:ohnoez::popcorn:

-slym

Signatures on books.

Western Penn, sucka

No thanks. I was just hoping this would annoy you, and mission accomplished. I get books SS'd because, for me, there is no greater appreciation of the art form than to have a nice copy of a book that I enjoy, handled and signed by the guy that created it. Call me crazy, but that is far more important to me than whether it is a Western Penn or a Winnipeg.

Clearly the ePeen thing is really what is important to you. How hilarious that the underlying "cost" of the comic is of tantamount importance to you. You certainly enjoy posting in absolutes. Much of what you say is unassailable, and most SS devotees agree wholeheartedly. But painting all Pedigrees with the same brush makes you sound like a foolish shoe-banging grandpa, stooping to pick up his fallen dentures while yelling for those damn kids to get off your yard.

What do I own, sonny? A bunch of comics signed by their creators. These are my comics, there are many like them, but these are mine. Go find and buy and save all the Pedigrees, Jbud Quixote, and godspeed.

Poor Rob Liefeld-he's always the go-to guy when we need the worst possible example of something....

Signatures on books.

Western Penn, sucka

No thanks. I was just hoping this would annoy you, and mission accomplished. I get books SS'd because, for me, there is no greater appreciation of the art form than to have a nice copy of a book that I enjoy, handled and signed by the guy that created it. Call me crazy, but that is far more important to me than whether it is a Western Penn or a Winnipeg.

Clearly the ePeen thing is really what is important to you. How hilarious that the underlying "cost" of the comic is of tantamount importance to you. You certainly enjoy posting in absolutes. Much of what you say is unassailable, and most SS devotees agree wholeheartedly. But painting all Pedigrees with the same brush makes you sound like a foolish shoe-banging grandpa, stooping to pick up his fallen dentures while yelling for those damn kids to get off your yard.

What do I own, sonny? A bunch of comics signed by their creators. These are my comics, there are many like them, but these are mine. Go find and buy and save all the Pedigrees, Jbud Quixote, and godspeed.

image.png

Signatures on books.

Western Penn, sucka

Fingh you remind me of Roger from American Dad, in some ways. :foryou: Good stuff.

That was pretty epic.

I love you all equally. Let's play nice people. These are comic books we are speaking of, let's try to remember that. Nothing wrong with Pedigree's, SS, neither, or both. It's about the Superheroes, do it for them.