• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just have to bring this up again

385 posts in this topic

WTF is Lawrence block?

You guys don't get him in Canada.

They're too busy rolling cheese and jumping over babies....

If he is an author never herd of him.

I usually read Kathy Reichs, John Grisham and Piers Anthony

I don't have anything to add. Just wanted to quote this.

WTF is Lawrence block?

if you like john grisham you will love lawrence block-but only the hit man books. for some reason his other books are blah. these are like cows grazing-out standing in their field......

fave piers anthony: Orn. with the mantas and the agents....

WTF is Lawrence block?

I don't have anything to add. Just wanted to quote this.

move along. these aren't the droids we're looking for....

WTF is Lawrence block?

if you like john grisham you will love lawrence block-but only the hit man books. for some reason his other books are blah. these are like cows grazing-out standing in their field......

I just picked up "Orn" at the library's paperback swap. I am on page 20 now!

:headbang:

-slym

I wish Lawrence Block would write some books about a comic collecting hitman....

You just won me over. :foryou:

i knew in a forum full of readers, someone would get that reference

It's true. Park can't read.

He just looks at the neat pictures.

Truthfully, he has trouble with them as well.

ps i like your avatar-I've often thought they should do a lone wolf/thanos crossover and call it Lone wolf and Cube.

lol

WTF is Lawrence block?

-slym

Orn awoke exhausted.

Haven't read that book in 30 years and I still remember the first sentence...I think. I was thinking of re reading it the other day...this is truly weird.

most amazing book of all time: 'All of an Instant' by richard garfinkle...only book of its kind....I read it every year....

It's a comic book. Stop being a bunch of babies. While I do not agree with having pedigrees signed, it's not my decision. But stop whining, the horse is beaten and removed. You are now beating a bottle of glue.

Stop it.

This stuff is great entertainment.

So is youtube

lol

It's a comic book. Stop being a bunch of babies. While I do not agree with having pedigrees signed, it's not my decision. But stop whining, the horse is beaten and removed. You are now beating a bottle of glue.

Stop it.

So is youtube

lol

we're the 'bad girls club' of the comics world

In Before everyone gets bored and the thread slowly drifts away.

Let's drum up some drama so he doesn't mill away.

anyone who gets anything signed, ever, is a complete nincompoop and traitor to the hobby.

anyone who says you can't do what you want with your books is a control freak librarian psycho.

The problem with your theory is that you have forgotten that what you collect sucks and what I collect rocks.

They featured one on your comics today from My Slabbed Comics on my Facebook. Avengers #9. I liked it. I think your comics rock too. :headbang:

They did? hm They just featured my Thrilling the other day...

:gossip: And I like my collection too. It's not every Marvel ever published since 1960. But it's not like anyone could ever afford something like that.

Only a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point would try and do something like that. :tonofbricks:

I think they feature two comics from a collection back to back. They did that with two of my comics. Featured them both on the same day at different times. (shrug)

WTF is Lawrence block?

Maybe one day. I am busy with the Xanth Series now.

WTF is Lawrence block?

-slym

Orn awoke exhausted.

Haven't read that book in 30 years and I still remember the first sentence...I think. I was thinking of re reading it the other day...this is truly weird.

most amazing book of all time: 'All of an Instant' by richard garfinkle...only book of its kind....I read it every year....

I read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury every fall, simply for the love of his prose.

'The seller of lightning rods arrived just ahead of the storm.'

WTF is Lawrence block?

-slym

Orn awoke exhausted.

I read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury every fall, simply for the love of his prose.

that dude is the master of creating mood....another great proseworthy book 'Lord of Light'....there are so many good lines in that book......

WTF is Lawrence block?

-slym

Orn awoke exhausted.

that dude is the master of creating mood....another great proseworthy book 'Lord of Light'....there are so many good lines in that book......

Am I the only one shocked that Kav is not a pre teen? :o

WTTB! :hi:

WTF is Lawrence block?

Maybe one day. I am busy with the Xanth Series now.

I wish sowing wild oats was as easy as in those books....

WTF is Lawrence block?

-slym

Orn awoke exhausted.

Am I the only one shocked that Kav is not a pre teen? :o

WTTB! :hi:

you're definitely not the only one shocked.

Not to inject a serious note but my initial behaviour is sort of a result of PTSD-I've experienced some pretty mind-staggering things in my life and it can make me lash out like an injured animal....NOT AN EXCUSE

Stop it.

Truth.

Pressing threads from 2010 were WAAAYYYYYY better. This is just blah.

They are pretty much the same.

Nah, I think Pat's right. There was a certain authentic freshness to the butthurt back then that is sort of just mimicked today.

I can't stand it when people phone-in their butthurt.

Not shipping to Canada is where the freshest butthurt is right now.

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

This makes me very very sad.

Yeah, I'm sure Thomas Jefferson signatures are garbage. Signed first edition prose books are not desired by any book collectors, and nobody wants their art print signed.

WTF is Lawrence block?

Orn awoke exhausted.

Even "Dandelion Wine" is awesome. I think it might be the Bradbury book for everyone.

-slym