• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just have to bring this up again

385 posts in this topic

It's a comic book. Stop being a bunch of babies. While I do not agree with having pedigrees signed, it's not my decision. But stop whining, the horse is beaten and removed. You are now beating a bottle of glue.

Stop it.

This stuff is great entertainment.

Truth.

Pressing threads from 2010 were WAAAYYYYYY better. This is just blah.

They are pretty much the same.

Nah, I think Pat's right. There was a certain authentic freshness to the butthurt back then that is sort of just mimicked today.

I can't stand it when people phone-in their butthurt.

Not shipping to Canada is where the freshest butthurt is right now.

But be careful...like a can of Molson left out in the sun, its shelf life is limited.

WTF is Lawrence block?

You guys don't get him in Canada.

They're too busy rolling cheese and jumping over babies....

If he is an author never herd of him.

I usually read Kathy Reichs, John Grisham and Piers Anthony

if you like john grisham you will love lawrence block-but only the hit man books. for some reason his other books are blah. these are like cows grazing-out standing in their field......

fave piers anthony: Orn. with the mantas and the agents....

I just picked up "Orn" at the library's paperback swap. I am on page 20 now!

:headbang:

Orn awoke exhausted.

Haven't read that book in 30 years and I still remember the first sentence...I think. I was thinking of re reading it the other day...this is truly weird.

most amazing book of all time: 'All of an Instant' by richard garfinkle...only book of its kind....I read it every year....

I read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury every fall, simply for the love of his prose.

'The seller of lightning rods arrived just ahead of the storm.'

that dude is the master of creating mood....another great proseworthy book 'Lord of Light'....there are so many good lines in that book......

Even "Dandelion Wine" is awesome. I think it might be the Bradbury book for everyone.

-slym

there's a martian chron GN and supposedly a something wicked although i cant find it

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

This makes me very very sad.

Yeah, I'm sure Thomas Jefferson signatures are garbage. Signed first edition prose books are not desired by any book collectors, and nobody wants their art print signed.

luckily he signed in pencil on my book and i was able to easily erase it.

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

This makes me very very sad.

Yeah, I'm sure Thomas Jefferson signatures are garbage. Signed first edition prose books are not desired by any book collectors, and nobody wants their art print signed.

luckily he signed in pencil on my book and i was able to easily erase it.

???

averylameidea.jpg

WTF is Lawrence block?

You guys don't get him in Canada.

They're too busy rolling cheese and jumping over babies....

If he is an author never herd of him.

I usually read Kathy Reichs, John Grisham and Piers Anthony

if you like john grisham you will love lawrence block-but only the hit man books. for some reason his other books are blah. these are like cows grazing-out standing in their field......

fave piers anthony: Orn. with the mantas and the agents....

I just picked up "Orn" at the library's paperback swap. I am on page 20 now!

:headbang:

Orn awoke exhausted.

Haven't read that book in 30 years and I still remember the first sentence...I think. I was thinking of re reading it the other day...this is truly weird.

most amazing book of all time: 'All of an Instant' by richard garfinkle...only book of its kind....I read it every year....

I read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury every fall, simply for the love of his prose.

'The seller of lightning rods arrived just ahead of the storm.'

that dude is the master of creating mood....another great proseworthy book 'Lord of Light'....there are so many good lines in that book......

Even "Dandelion Wine" is awesome. I think it might be the Bradbury book for everyone.

-slym

I :cloud9: that book.

averylameidea.jpg

nice sig. No idea why someone would name their kid that though....

I don't mind being outed unless the motive was to send pitchforks my way. And I apologize for the postings-I will slow down on that. Like i said, I am a shut in and don't really have much to do. I also have been reading old threads but be aware I haven't read all of them so sometimes don't know when a topic has been beaten to death. I know this was discussed once before but I thought I had a new insight on it.

I do draw comics and my editor knows i'm a bit of a wild man. It amuses him, mostly. I thank those who defended me and understand those who attacked me. Whatever you may think about me personally, if I saw you being attacked on the street I would be the first one to rush over and help, and have done such things several times. In person I'm pretty well liked by people, not that i get out much anymore. On the internet I guess my unrestrained side comes out.

Welcome to the boards Kav. :foryou:

it was a long, rough climb up the hill. But i deserved every stone thrown at me.

Get a helmet.

averylameidea.jpg

nice sig. No idea why someone would name their kid that though....

I've always thought Avery is a very pretty name. Not sure why Mr. and Mrs. Idea gave her the middle name lame though.

I don't mind being outed unless the motive was to send pitchforks my way. And I apologize for the postings-I will slow down on that. Like i said, I am a shut in and don't really have much to do. I also have been reading old threads but be aware I haven't read all of them so sometimes don't know when a topic has been beaten to death. I know this was discussed once before but I thought I had a new insight on it.

I do draw comics and my editor knows i'm a bit of a wild man. It amuses him, mostly. I thank those who defended me and understand those who attacked me. Whatever you may think about me personally, if I saw you being attacked on the street I would be the first one to rush over and help, and have done such things several times. In person I'm pretty well liked by people, not that i get out much anymore. On the internet I guess my unrestrained side comes out.

it was a long, rough climb up the hill. But i deserved every stone thrown at me.

Get a helmet.

some of the rocks hit me about the face breast chest neck and head

Get a helmet.

Buy catcher equipment.

Get a helmet.

Buy catcher equipment.

good idea. can you get that stuff on the boards?

really my story should be a cautionary tale for all new members.

if you come in swingin, you can't win. you just can't.

really my story should be a cautionary tale for all new members.

if you come in swingin, you can't win. you just can't.

Add this to the N00b thread?

;)

-slym

good idea

I'm gonna try to stop posting new threads and be like hello my name is kav and I'm 30 days sober....

they don't laugh at AA...they SUPPORT

I need a sponsor......

Be careful.

The twelve steps in this program are rough. :eek:

plus I bet when you FINALLY complete them they say just a minute sonny-those were the FIRST twelve steps,,,,,,,then you're like Daniel-San who thought he was done with 'paint fence'....