• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Kickstarters

12 posts in this topic

Hadn't seen a thread about this already. We all know the risky nature of Kickstarter, but there's been some genuinely interesting stuff come out of it; just look at A Voice In The Dark. Granted, half of the stuff on Kickstarter looks like sub-Deviantart level work, but there's always diamonds among the mess. Any more promising looking ones about?

Haven't checked on there for a while by Clayton Crain did one back this past summer that had some cool incentives as well as Jamie Tyndall, and Mark Texeira. Every now and then I'll look up a few of my favorite artists from time to time and they pop up. Even got a piece of art from Rob Liefeld for him bringing back Brigade I think it was.

Always a cool place to check.

I wish I had been in on the TOME Kickstarter. The people who funded the project got the book for over 50% off. But you have to surf through a whole lot of to find a good one. And then the good one has to reach it's goal. And then it has to actually happen.

I did Wild Blue Yonder....STILL waiting for my stuff. They're on issue 6 now I think.

what stuff? i did that too and got my kickstarter #1... even if it was mailed just bag-and-board in a bubblewrap envelope :mad:

I did 2x the 25.00....I requested them unsigned....sure they said.....then got email later oops all were signed.....then another email sorry for delay how about a free sketch....ok thanks.....more delay still nothing...too busy to do sketch which I guess held up the other items.

I started a thread about Kickstarters in the Modern Forum. I've put in money for a few, but I have been impressed with what I've gotten.

I tried to also start a recommendation thread so we could tell others what we are bidding on but it didn't see a lot of traffic or interest. It seems difficult to find anything…