• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunker ONI PRESS

258 posts in this topic

Did anyone else feel like this was written with the goal of a TV show in mind? Not saying that is a negative just felt like a TV show. I definitely liked it.

it had tv show pacing to me at times, but who's to say that means they intended it to be a tv show, rather than they are influenced by tv or tv writing. who knows really. regardless quite enjoyed the book.

What a beast of a first issue! I know it collects a lot of digital stories, but theres still a lot of bang for your buck with this floppy.

I'm definitely along for the ride, very intriguing.

Releasing material digitally first is nothing but advertising for the physical copies. You cannot slab a pdf.

I get most books digitally as previews before release.

A book does not exist on the collector market until it's printed.

What a beast of a first issue! I know it collects a lot of digital stories, but theres still a lot of bang for your buck with this floppy.

Releasing material digitally first is nothing but advertising for the physical copies. You cannot slab a pdf.

Huh? (shrug)

Huh? (shrug)

*shrug*

No Idea what your point is...

Huh? (shrug)

*shrug*

No Idea what your point is...

Acknowledging that it's a large issue because it collects digital issues before someone decides to point out why it's so large, and that's it's worth the $4 even if you've read it digitally.

I really enjoyed the first issue. I'm a sucker for both time-travel & apocalyptic stories, but this one feels a little more high-concept. The art and subdued colors fit well with the story too.

The Oni release is a reworked version of the digital release. Two pages have been added at the beginning. Color has been added. Some of the panels have been redrawn. I saw at least one spot were the dialogue was corrected. At one point in the digital version it says in one of the letters, "The fate of the world rests on the shoulders of the five of you" which I thought was odd considering who was writing it. The Oni release now says "the four of you".

All and all an original series that if done properly will be a must watch show.