• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuse - new Image book from Anthony Johnston/Justin Greenwood

39 posts in this topic

Just read it and really enjoyed it, but I had a feeling I would coming from The wasteland. If you guys like this I'd recommend giving umbral, johnston's other current ongoing at image (with mitten, original artist on the wasteland, while greenwood worked on some of the later arcs). Its interesting, I'm not a huge fan of greenwoods art because some of the faces bother me sometimes, but it just feels right for the book. Overall this was a really enjoyable read.

Nah, they don't really read similarly. I wouldn't be surprised if people who didn't like Umbral ended up liking The Fuse much more honestly. I just like everything Johnston writes so I was throwing it out there.

PASS.

Bought it, read it, didn't like it. I read comics to get away from the slew of police melodrama garbage TV shows...setting one in space doesn't help make it any better.

Oh well. Glad I didn't order heavy on this one :sick:

PASS.

Bought it, read it, didn't like it. I read comics to get away from the slew of police melodrama garbage TV shows...setting one in space doesn't help make it any better.

Oh well. Glad I didn't order heavy on this one :sick:

fair enough, he does cite procedurals as an influence in his little end note. i do see this as far more than your local CBS cop fodder.

I like it. Nothing overwhelmingly great but a nice first issue with a little character and world building. The biggest difference between Image and the big 2 is that Image always has to start with fleshing out both characters and the worlds they live in. Marvel and DC get to drop a new character into an ongoing story. I have a feeling the Fuse will be a very good story but too early to tell at this point.

Heres how I see the series going

Issue 2 we find out the homeless people are made out of garbage from the space ship

Issue 3 we see a segregation of these homeless made up of garbage men people.

Issue 4 african apartheid parable issue

Heres how I see the series going

Issue 2 we find out the homeless people are made out of garbage from the space ship

Issue 3 we see a segregation of these homeless made up of garbage men people.

Issue 4 african apartheid parable issue

lol

Just laughing at the post. Haven't read the book yet, but looking forward to it.