• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Wonder Woman 199 Brazil - 1974

9 posts in this topic

Without the discoloration and staple rust that's going on, looks like it would be an 8.0, perhaps a stretch to 8.5. Doesn't appear to have handling defects (i.e. creasing, tears), very light wear at corners and edges and colors are vivid.

Taking the obvious defects into consideration, I would say these issues they knock the book down to 6.0, or perhaps even 5.5 depending on if the pages have been compromised by either or both defect/s. Severity of the rust may weigh heavy on the grade too, I'm not certain on the point deduction for rusty staples as opposed to discolored. I know the discoloration/staining on the BC will hammer down the grade of an otherwise great book. Definitely would look sharp in a mylar. Cool book.

One of my favorite WW covers. The front screams 8.0, and structurally the back cover is as sharp as the front. But like Spidey said, the defects on the back cover, staples, and if any pages are compromised,... I think 5.5 / 6.0 as well. Whatever that is on the back cover is probably what caused the staples to rust.

4.0 Heavy foxing, rusted staples. Bet the interior pages are showing signs from the rust as well.

90% of the foxing is not visible from the inside back cover. Rust is on the centerfold interior only, causing some damage on the top staple centerfold area. top staple centerfold still attached, but barelly..

My initial feel for this book was at 5.0 before I posted.