• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Issue Resolved

724 posts in this topic

Dan, have you talked to The CGC about this?

I did, but their response was pretty much like kav said. Unless they removed it from the slab, they have no proof that the book wasn't tampered with between slabs.

I only asked for a partial refund in grading fees to which they denied. My fees were based on a 10K value, when as it turned out they are worth about 1/3 of that

Did they offer you any other alternatives, or did you get the impression that It was shame on you?

Shame on me. They didn't seem concerned at all.

dang they could have at least been sympathetic. or offered a discount on future subs.....dang.

shame on them.

Seriously? don't be another minion and open your eyes, NO one is sacred.

Boy, you should know.

Rather a minion than a crook.

jerk.

:popcorn:

I did, but their response was pretty much like kav said. Unless they removed it from the slab, they have no proof that the book wasn't tampered with between slabs.

I only asked for a partial refund in grading fees to which they denied. My fees were based on a 10K value, when as it turned out they are worth about 1/3 of that

Did they offer you any other alternatives, or did you get the impression that It was shame on you?

That's the kind of attitude that really gets to me. If CGC expressed no concern for your situation, then theyre in the wrong...again. That's one thing I could never understand about certain companies. Why risk losing a valuable customer when all they have to do is offer some sort of concern on their end?

That's the kind of attitude that really gets to me. If CGC expressed no concern for your situation, then theyre in the wrong...again. That's one thing I could never understand about certain companies. Why risk losing a valuable customer when all they have to do is offer some sort of concern on their end?

I never get a good feeling when I talk to someone on the phone from CGC. Usually it's an issue over shipping which I never get a straight answer about.

For something this serious, I think they should make inquiries and least acknowledge a possible error on their part. It's just good business sense.

advice to CGC: if you can do something that costs you nothing, that makes customers like you better, and prevent bad word of mouth, why not do it?

Seriously? don't be another minion and open your eyes, NO one is sacred.

Boy, you should know.

Rather a minion than a crook.

jerk.

yeah okay, Uncle Ben's Rice (tsk)

don't forget aunt Joe-Mama's syrup....

I read the first 9 pages of this thread and gave up. I couldn't stomach to read anymore CGC butt-kissing and excuse making. If the OP had had stated he lost ALL confidence in PGX graded books because his problems involved PGX slabs, instead of CGC... everyone in this thread would have slammed PGX for their incompetence.

CGC should really thank God for Ryan Elliot. Ryan has single-handedly been able to completely eradicate CGC's mistakes, Ewert scandal, Wizard First greed, SS greed, SCS, missed resto, promotion of pressing to the masses, promotion of putting scotch tape on books for a grade bump, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe Ryan Elliot is really on CGC's payroll? hm

It's a gamble every time and nothing is guaranteed.

This.

I'd rather see Blue go Purple than the other way around though.

I like what you said, Peter. That shows integrity. (thumbs u

Of course you want to know what you have in your collection. But from a seller's view, you want your buyers to be assured they acquired something from you that is true.

That and Purple to Blue more clearly shows a mistake was made.

I read the first 9 pages of this thread and gave up. I couldn't stomach to read anymore CGC butt-kissing and excuse making. If the OP had had stated he lost ALL confidence in PGX graded books because his problems involved PGX slabs, instead of CGC... everyone in this thread would have slammed PGX for their incompetence.

CGC should really thank God for Ryan Elliot. Ryan has single-handedly been able to completely eradicate CGC's mistakes, Ewert scandal, Wizard First greed, SS greed, SCS, missed resto, promotion of pressing to the masses, promotion of putting scotch tape on books for a grade bump, etc, etc, etc.

+1

I've never understood the amount of exaggerated loyalty that's been expressed towards CGC. Don't get me wrong, I'm a CGC advocate, but it's only to a certain extent.

You forget where you're at?