• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously, the Final, Final Schomburg Rank-Order Poll

40 posts in this topic

One might have thought we golden age junkies would be satisfied with identifying the top 10 Schomburg covers. But no, the masses wanted to rank order the top 10 (eleven actually because of a tie) to determine the best of the best.

For this round, voting ends February 23rd 2014 at 11:59pm EST.

History

For those interested in the long, drawn out history of this Schomburg poll, please see:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7433281&

fpart=1

Go down to the next message for the poll....

Thumbs of Covers

Without further adieu, here are thumbnails of the covers. You can click on them to see full-size images.

Look down a bit....

(#3) All Select 1 photo allselect01_F_zps5be6cf1f.jpg

(#5) Cap 3 photo cap03_F_zpsc4a78208.jpg

(#7) Captain 27 photo cap27_F_zpsfa3a25cc.jpg

(#10, tie) Human Torch 12 photo ht12_F_zpsb2378692.jpg

(#8) Marvel 40 photo mm40_f_zpsd757f920.jpg

(#6) Marvel 44 photo mm44_f_zps409e00a0.jpg

All Select 1

Cap 3

Cap 27

Human Torch 12

Marvel 40

Marvel 44

(#10, tie) Marvel 46 photo mm46_F_zps1157829a.jpg

(#2) Startling 49 photo startling49_F_zps91303147.jpg

(#1) Suspense 3 photo Suspense3_F_zps55530f03.jpg

(#9) Terrific 5 photo terrific5_F_zpsd26bc075.jpg

(#4) USA 7 photo usa07_F_zps53973be8.jpg

Marvel 46

Startling 49

Suspense 3

Terrific 5

USA 7

Survey Link

**SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT SURVEY*** When you access the link below you will literally have to click on the row representing a cover and DRAG and DROP to rank order it.

The CGC boards do NOT have a rank order feature. That's why I'm directing you to another survey interface. I have to become more familiar with this tool for work, so it can serve two purposes.

http://jmu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bIVAGNME8X1HClL

Have fun. The survey ends on 2/23/2014 at 11:59 EST.

Ps. The Marvel 40 thumbnail is label incorrectly as marvel 44. Same for the torch 12 thumbnail saying marvel 40. And the marvel 44 is labeled 46.

And in the actual poll, marvel 46 is incorrectly labeled marvel 48 :)

:sorry:

Thanks so much for catching this Ben. Fixed on all accounts. Late night = mistakes. I made more mistakes in this last poll, knowing all those covers, than the other 3 million polls combined when I wasn't familiar with half of the covers. :blush:

Voted. I love MM 40 & 44 because of the grand scale of what's going on. MM 5 isn't in the same class IMO.

I'm with Primetime on this one. I'm a big fan of the pulpy covers, particularly MM5 and Daring Mystery1. Apparently, though, your opinion is more aligned with the majority of Boardies given neither one made the Top-10 cut. (thumbs u

Ps. The Marvel 40 thumbnail is label incorrectly as marvel 44. Same for the torch 12 thumbnail saying marvel 40. And the marvel 44 is labeled 46.

And in the actual poll, marvel 46 is incorrectly labeled marvel 48 :)

:sorry:

Thanks so much for catching this Ben. Fixed on all accounts. Late night = mistakes. I made more mistakes in this last poll, knowing all those covers, than the other 3 million polls combined when I wasn't familiar with half of the covers. :blush:

sure and it was like 1230am est when you posted this poll? That's a committed boardie :)

Voted. I love MM 40 & 44 because of the grand scale of what's going on. MM 5 isn't in the same class IMO.

I'm with Primetime on this one. I'm a big fan of the pulpy covers, particularly MM5 and Daring Mystery1. Apparently, though, your opinion is more aligned with the majority of Boardies given neither one made the Top-10 cut. (thumbs u

again, all the voted top ten covers have their right to be here (after all they were voted in!), but a lot of the later MMs start looking the same (flame trails, planes, etc). Marvel 5 (and even the 4; and 9 is a mix of Everett/schomburg so I leave it out of discussion here) is the unique pulp like cover. I can't get over the Torch's jaw line and glass tube bondage. At least the Cap covers and others are strong and diverse. :)

The poll isn't working for me. I get to a list of covers (with no pictures... are there supposed to be pictures?), so I try dragging and dropping. Nothing happens. So, I figure that means I have to click the arrows to get to the actual poll.... and it says that I voted.

Follow-up... okay, it appears "ghostery" was the problem. Disabling it gives me a page where at least dragging and dropping happens. So, any chance someone can void my vote and allow me to vote?

Hi CousinItt,

Send me a PM with your rank order of the top 11. I'll plug your numbers in from the back end. I'll also try to figure out your unintended response and delete it.