• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2021 at 2:52 PM, Dark Knight said:

WW Comics sold a nice 4.5 today for $15,500. Seems the book is on 🔥 still

It’s funny. I remember wondering what legs the book would have post mcu. Guess it’s showing a big silver age key can withstand being outside of the mcu limelight. Steady demand plus less supply. The book seems to be buried in collections for the most part. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's got both quotation marks!  lol

Collecting is like a disease sometimes. Someone drops something in your ear like 'but, it doesn't have both quotations' and now you can't own a copy without them. It's a sickness, I tell ya! A sickness!:insane:

On 10/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, VintageComics said:

Collecting is like a disease sometimes. Someone drops something in your ear like 'but, it doesn't have both quotations' and now you can't own a copy without them. It's a sickness, I tell ya! A sickness!:insane:

I was hoping to find a copy with the double quotes and the blue under the table. But it was tough finding a lower grade copy in my budget recently. I settled for blue under the table and one quotation! It'll suffice haha. It's just funny how people who look for TOS 39 always reference those items.

And as the universe would have it, as soon as I purchase my raw copy (1.8-2.0ish), a 2.0 with OWW, beautiful presentation, both quotes, and blue under the table comes up on ebay. That one finished at $8,226, which would've been out of my range at this time anyway.... phew! 

On 10/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, BoomCity said:

Are you referring to riri Williams? 

Just that I would like more Iron Man-specific content that need not advance the larger MCU, like we've enjoyed with Spidey so far.   Character-driven storytelling should not completely yield to the needs of the MCU, not when the characters in quesiton (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, etc) are compelling in their own right.   Just hoping.  

Edited by Pantodude

On 10/4/2021 at 10:45 AM, BoomCity said:

My new addition. Likely a 1.8-2.0 due to the detached cover but it presents real nice so I’m happy to add it. The blue under the table is an added bonus. I’ll probably grade it soon but it’s fun to have a raw book in Mylar lol  

Anyone see the cgc 1.5 on comiclink? Sold for $7,150.

056432A9-8A43-4F4F-B30F-B8BBB8EF7BD8.jpeg

Pretty happy, got news that my copy here came back as a 2.5 with white pages! I'll post a pic when it's in hand.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:07 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

In addition to the double quotes, I learned this morning that the copy I'm selling has also earned the world-renowned CVA sticker.  Let's go baby!  lol

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=1518792

00000181685000111225522001.jpg

That is one awesome book. Are you cashing in to upgrade or get a bigger book? A house? Lol. 

On 10/21/2021 at 5:57 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thank you very much!  Generally speaking, I never sell a book unless I've already upgraded.  Hoping that this sale will help offset the cost of this beauty.

1708958498_TalesofSuspense39CGC9.0.thumb.jpg.ca8078a5518f3d769eccaea073095f96.jpg

Nice book Lou! With the same world-renowned CVA sticker. 😃