• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has a cover ever deterred you from an issue?

37 posts in this topic

I don't like covers that depict animals being killed, which was a fairly common sight on GA covers. I've passed on a number of issues for that reason.

easy fix-just have stan lee sign over that part

So I've been having this dilemma for a while. I really like Wonder Woman 177, however I hate about 5% of the cover. The artist utterly butchered Wonder Womans face and she looks like a tranny which is greatly disheartening and making me second guess if I should purchase the issue.

Have any of you had a similar experience where you want an issue but something relatively minor is a huge turn off?

I'm aware of the "Keys with covers you don't like" thread, I think this is somewhat different.

I think I described Wonder Woman on this cover as a chain-smoking iron worker.

The story is interesting, mainly for what a total Wonder Woman is from start to finish. It's also written by Bill Finger, which is a curiosity, as he actually got credit for this one. But really, this issue is a waste of Supergirl.

What Marvel and DC have done with their covers drives me up the wall.

This, in my opinion, is a great cover on a modern book:

6628379bd7e67624c53bd4c13df6ea68.jpg

Its really too bad half the page is cluttered with an advertisement for Arrow, a title of the current story arc, an excessively large book title, and a proclamation of "the new 52!"

Does the new 52 still need to be plastered on every cover? Most of DC's books are now approaching issue #30, they still have "new 52" on the covers.

The text on the covers doesn't add anything to the art anymore. Here is an older book I picked up today simply because of the cover art:

300px-Ghosts_42.jpg

the text there isn't distracting and fits with the art.

Marvel covers are even worse.

Does the new 52 still need to be plastered on every cover? Most of DC's books are now approaching issue #30, they still have "new 52" on the covers.

Having "New 52" still on covers gives hope it will cease to be some point. Something to be milked and discarded. :wishluck:

For DC to stop pimping it, yet leave it in place, is one scary thought. :eek:

It hasn't prevented me from buying the book since I'm a completionist when it comes to Adams Bats, but I was in no hurry to add a copy to my collection nor was I going to pay for a high priced, slabbed hi-grade.

145096.jpg.647d1c5c6b954181f4da3265a1ad98e4.jpg

It hasn't prevented me from buying the book since I'm a completionist when it comes to Adams Bats, but I was in no hurry to add a copy to my collection nor was I going to pay for a high priced, slabbed hi-grade.

doh!

Yes. I do not own Rob Liefeld covers or anything he's published under Image or Maximum. I've bought and tried to hang onto NM98 several times, each time I feel dirty just having that turd in my collection, so I sell it. All the other Image drek he krapped out just gets thrown away. I dislike him and his work for a variety of reasons as I believe he is unprofessional and unethical and a guy who doesn't give credit when he copies someone's work and a scam artist who gets out of trouble by settling out of court.

/rant

So I guess you collect any Stan Lee comics either? (shrug)

Not standing up for Liefield, but my God, if you're looking for saints this is not the right hobby for you.