• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - CGC and raw Cap, FF, TOS, Strange Tales and Avengers # 4!

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to go on vacation during Thanksgiving, so I thought I'd throw a few books on the Marketplace in hopes of raising a little spending money. I'll be in Ohio, so I'm going to try to hit Mid-Ohio Con while I'm there!

Captain America # 102 CGC 9.4 - Old label, with OFF-WHITE page. The piece of white debris near the left edge was on the slab when it was scanned. It's no longer on there. $140

Cap # 102 CGC 9.4

FF # 27 VG+ - Tight, flat, very good gloss. No surprises inside. $50

FF # 27 Front

FF # 27 Back

FF # 55 F/VF – Deep, brilliant inks, great page quality. Classic cover! $50

FF # 55 Front

FF # 55 Back

FF # 75 VF – Near Mint except for the bottom edge. The inks are so bright on this cover they might kill you! $50

FF # 75 Front

FF # 75 Back

TOS # 79 VF – Great looking copy. 1st Cosmic Cube and Modern Red Skull! $50

TOS # 79 Front

TOS # 79 Back

Avengers # 4 Fair - Trashed but complete, it's the 1st Silver Age Captain America! Among other maladies, there is a stain on the back cover and the bottom left portion of the front cover is hanging for dear life. $75

Avengers # 4 Front

Strange Tales # 101 VG – Presents much higher with great gloss and nice pages, but a short spine split and tear at the upper left corner and a tiny hole through the book (possibly from impact damage) limit the structural grade of this comic. I just bought it, but it could be yours for $250.

ST 101 Front

TOS #52 CGC 8.0 – 1st Black Widow. Accepting offers of completely ludicrous amounts of money in anticipation of an eventual movie.

All prices include shipping via USPS Priority mail with Delivery confirmation. My Canadian friends should add $8.00 to help cover shipping via Airmail Express. I promise that my raw grading will not disappoint you. I offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason, and will stand by these books as unrestored. Credit card payments via Paypal are welcome!

Thanks for looking!

-Jim

nice group of books there, Jimm..............

and you're right about that FF 75 - that is one color-saturated cover. and i think the cover on the ST 101 is quite lovely, as well.

so what settings are you cranking up to on the scanner for brightness and contrast for those babies???? ( i have to start emulating those...........) thumbsup2.gif

nice group of books there, Jimm..............

and you're right about that FF 75 - that is one color-saturated cover. and i think the cover on the ST 101 is quite lovely, as well.

so what settings are you cranking up to on the scanner for brightness and contrast for those babies???? ( i have to start emulating those...........) thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Harry! I try to match the color temperature and brightness of my scans to the real thing as closely as possible. I don't use any hardware calibration tools with my monitor, but I use Adobe Photoshop color management profiles to keep my display and printer output in check. I'm a freelance photographer so things like that are pretty important to me, but I'll bet Redhook, Pov and DiceX could go on for days about color management.

EDIT - The FF 27 is a little over-saturated, but the rest of the books are pretty much WYSIWYG.

You had to know that he was going to dump that piece of [#@$%!!!] copy of TOS 52. I heard he got it from a shady fellow... poke2.gif27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

I can say, since I've seen most of these books up close, that they are very, very nice. Good luck, Jim. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I heard he got it from a shady fellow...

I'll say! The seller would only communicate with me via a pay phone in Sri Lanka while using a Speak and Spell to mask their voice, and then I had to pick up the book at midnight in the locker room of the YMCA! 893whatthe.gif