• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venting my ebay frustration

41 posts in this topic

Right of the bat, I'd like to apologize in advance if this is a board member. I'm just stating the facts and I need a venue to vent. Anywhooooos, I just listed a few stuff on ebay tonight; one of them being a Batman #13 4.0 OW/W. Right away, someone messaged me asking to end early if possible. I NEVER EVER do this, but for kicks and giggles, I told him I could do that for the right price.

He messaged me back with an offer price of "$150 (130+20S&H)" ...... $150 !!!#(*%(Q*^%(*Q#^%(Q*^#% :pullhair: On top of it, he asked me if I had 'other comics'.

I don't even want to waste my time thinking of a snark reply. But it did cross my to reply with ,'$150 might be too high for me. I was thinking $50 for it. Oh and by the way, I have a JIM #83 CGC 9.8 that I could sell to you for $250."

Ok.... venting done. :makepoint:

Was that you? lol

Go tell the guy to fist himself. :whistle:

lol, I didn't know that was you ! In that case, I could lower the price from $150 to $50. Heck, S&H is on me ! lol:whee:

I swear though... maybe I should try clink or heritage. I doubt this kind of nonsense exists there.

Was that you? lol

Go tell the guy to fist himself. :whistle:

lol, I didn't know that was you ! In that case, I could lower the price from $150 to $50. Heck, S&H is on me ! lol:whee:

I swear though... maybe I should try clink or heritage. I doubt this kind of nonsense exists there.

... And with that, I just hit the 100 post count here :banana:

What did I win????

Right of the bat, I'd like to apologize in advance if this is a board member. I'm just stating the facts and I need a venue to vent. Anywhooooos, I just listed a few stuff on ebay tonight; one of them being a Batman #13 4.0 OW/W. Right away, someone messaged me asking to end early if possible. I NEVER EVER do this, but for kicks and giggles, I told him I could do that for the right price.

He messaged me back with an offer price of "$150 (130+20S&H)" ...... $150 !!!#(*%(Q*^%(*Q#^%(Q*^#% :pullhair: On top of it, he asked me if I had 'other comics'.

I don't even want to waste my time thinking of a snark reply. But it did cross my to reply with ,'$150 might be too high for me. I was thinking $50 for it. Oh and by the way, I have a JIM #83 CGC 9.8 that I could sell to you for $250."

Ok.... venting done. :makepoint:

Why not just hit the delete button on his email, and move on with your life.

I do that all the time.

A guy last night messaged me asking if I would end one of my auctions early at price that was already well under what the book was bid up to already.

Delete and move on.

I hate to say it, but I don't really answer anyone's questions on eBay unless it's a very specific grading question or shipping policy question.

I figure that someone else will come along and buy it, before I need to put anymore sweat equity into a specific item I'm selling.

I also got tired of spending the time writing out a detailed response, and then having them not respond with at least a "OK thanks, maybe next time"..

I hate to say it, but I don't really answer anyone's questions on eBay unless it's a very specific grading question or shipping policy question.

I figure that someone else will come along and buy it, before I need to put anymore sweat equity into a specific item I'm selling.

I also got tired of spending the time writing out a detailed response, and then having them not respond with at least a "OK thanks, maybe next time"..

I kind of prefer them not to respond to an answered question as it doesn't queue eBay to make me respond again.

Yeah, I really hate doing work to sell my stuff. I'd rather people just throw money at me without having to do things like answer questions or be professional.

Yeah, I really hate doing work to sell my stuff. I'd rather people just throw money at me without having to do things like answer questions or be professional.

Which some are getting away with now and when things tighten up again they will disappear.

Which some are getting away with now and when things tighten up again they will disappear.

Yeah, I was a bit harsh there - but it's not that big of a deal to respond to questions, even if you don't get detailed responses. I'm not looking to make friends on Ebay, I'm looking for sellers to answer questions regardless of what level of buyer they believe that I am.

To have a seller imply that answering questions from people who decide not to buy anything is an inconvenience makes me wonder why they are bothering to sell in the first place?

While the "delete and move on" would be the correct approach, I myself would be too tempted as well to respond. Thats an insulting offer, maybe he left off a couple zero's?

Overall I try to actively avoid ebay, only turning there when I have to and noone on the boards has what I'm looking for.

Yeah delete the message, put him on your blocked list, and move on.. ive gotteb my fair share of lowball offers.

Some guy sends me an offer almost every time, and it's like 10 percent of every book's value. I guess it's like the Nigerian money email, somebody somewhere must actually respond.

edit: my passive aggressive response is to respond with a counter about $5 less than the asking.