• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May 2014

482 posts in this topic

so I think the $300-$400K range that some were expecting will probably prove to be too low. :preach:

So you`re saying that He Who Shall Not Be Named and Drdonaldblake were right? :baiting:

He Who Shall Not Be Named: "I have little doubt that it will cross $1,000,000."

Drdonaldblake: "id say 300-400k".

So, no. (shrug)

so I think the $300-$400K range that some were expecting will probably prove to be too low. :preach:

So you`re saying that He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned and Drdonaldblake were right? :baiting:

He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned: "I have little doubt that it will cross $1,000,000."

Drdonaldblake: "id say 300-400k".

So, no. (shrug)

Drdonaldblake only predicted 300-400K? That`s amazing. He must`ve been taking less uppers.

First live auction I didn't watch in ..... well in a really long time. Weather has been too nice outside in Coastal Cali - but had I been watching.

WOW on that Ploog Splash, still top Pllog WWBN material does not come to market very often but, WOW on that Ploog Splash. :insane:

Going to see The Princess Bride at a midnight showing with my wife and daughters! Sort of a warmup for getting their pic with Cary Elwes at Comipalooza. In honor of that.

I don't think that word means what you think it does

Really?Tonight? there is no such thing as coincidence Alex.

Just got back from the movie, it's 2:23am my time, and it was great! That movie just gets better and better.

I thought the swamp thing 57 cover was very well bought - only 6k

Well that's the one I really wanted and was stuck in a car unable to bid

So...it would have gone for more :mad:

It always seems like the Comic Link auctions are subsequent to the Herritage Auctions the same month.

I guess all of the collectors who missed out and now have money burning a hole in their pockets can wait a few weeks for the Comic Link auctions, especially with the quality of available material on Comic Link now rivaling Heritage.

The plus side is of course psychilogically the bids are easier since there's no buyers premiums to factor into the bids, so you know $3,000 is $3,000 out of pocket at Comic Link and not $3,700 after fees like with Heritage bidding.

Got juuuust priced out of the two items I wanted, but noticed the Trimpe/Severin Hulk COVER went pretty cheap. I would have thought on any dealers site that would have been priced at 10k..?..and sold.

Got juuuust priced out of the two items I wanted, but noticed the Trimpe/Severin Hulk COVER went pretty cheap. I would have thought on any dealers site that would have been priced at 10k..?..and sold.

That was cheap as it was 90% stat, or the way I looked at it, very expensive for a mainly stat cover.

That was cheap as it was 90% stat, or the way I looked at it, very expensive for a mainly stat cover.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Sorry, I missed that! It wasn't one of the ones I wanted just glancing through I noticed the price... ummm, yes, an expensive stat.

It always seems like the Comic Link auctions are subsequent to the Herritage Auctions the same month.

I guess all of the collectors who missed out and now have money burning a hole in their pockets can wait a few weeks for the Comic Link auctions, especially with the quality of available material on Comic Link now rivaling Heritage.

The plus side is of course psychilogically the bids are easier since there's no buyers premiums to factor into the bids, so you know $3,000 is $3,000 out of pocket at Comic Link and not $3,700 after fees like with Heritage bidding.

Plus no sales tax on ComicLink for me! That's actually a biggie for me.

"Parabolic moves" in a market context only refer to the upward portion to the right of the inflection point. :makepoint:

well you should have said that then.

what is this, a boiler room?

Alex, hook me up with a Belushi saying "well, excuuuuuuuse me"

Investor Dictionary: Parabolic Move (shrug)

Hyperbolic might be a better term for comic art. One curve represents price growth and the other represents departure from sanity. Not to mention the subtle poke at hyperbole.

I think the HA results have definitely influenced the CL OA bidding as the bidding has been very aggressive very quickly.

Bidding on CLink pieces I'm tracking was aggressive before HA's auctions ended. I think this reflects the interest in and strength of CLink's copper/modern offerings, which is an area HA lags in.

Well, I sat out of the auction yesterday, and just watched...there were a number of Raymond Pettibon pieces at another auction today so I wanted to hold on to my money to get at shot at one of those....needless to say I was crushed in bidding....so I went back to heritage today and left with the 1938 Chester Gould Tracy and a lot of money in my pocket for next time!