• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May 2014

482 posts in this topic

Made me laugh, Gene.

You know, you may have reached saturation on art; rather than on price. That is, you have enough great stuff that the marginal value of another piece just isn't there for you.

I think it's definitely a bit of both. No question, though, given current price levels and how much art I already have, the marginal utility I get from buying more art is far less than it used to be.

I dunno, that's a classic cover. It looks fabulous in print. I might have had some reservation that it was in markers and such if I recall, but its a key romance book. A romance book yes, but as far as 70s DC romance, its top tier

Hmm, didn't know that - I just liked it a lot, especially with the grand prix theme. But, I would have wanted to frame and display it, and the markers would have been a concern, so I'll just tell myself that losing out on it was for the best. :whee:

I think we have to start considering that there is a significant amount of new money coming into this hobby. Some of these pieces already have gone for more double what my pre-auction thinking was. I just can't believe that it's the same 10 -15 guys that everyone points to.

$33.5K X-Men 94 page

I made a go for this one, but it looks like 2 people took it a bit higher than my max. It would have fit nicely in my collection and nostalgia zone, but I wasn't willing to pay more than a 2015 Subaru WRX for it. :P

I'm done for today - I won one small piece and I hope to win another small piece tomorrow. There's a few small things I'm interested in at CLink, but it looks like my net spend this auction cycle is going to be minimal, and I may even end up selling more than I buy depending on how the CLink auction goes. That makes me happy. :banana:

$33.5K X-Men 94 page

I made a go for this one, but it looks like 2 people took it a bit higher than my max. It would have fit nicely in my collection and nostalgia zone, but I wasn't willing to pay more than a 2015 Subaru WRX for it. :P

I'm done for today - I won one small piece and I hope to win another small piece tomorrow. There's a few small things I'm interested in at CLink, but it looks like my net spend this auction cycle is going to be minimal, and I may even end up selling more than I buy depending on how the CLink auction goes. That makes me happy. :banana:

Yeah right Gene. Nice try throwing everyone off the trail. I expect to hear about the Hulk 180 page landing in your collection by end of day. lol

Scott

Yeah right Gene. Nice try throwing everyone off the trail. I expect to hear about the Hulk 180 page landing in your collection by end of day. lol

lol, more like, if the Hulk #180 page gets too crazy, I may be announcing my retirement from the hobby later today. :eek:

$71,700 for the Thor #154 cover. :doh:

If you look through the Heritage archives, it is astounding where Kirby Thor/JIM covers were as recently as 2010 - they've gone parabolic since then.

$71,700 for the Thor #154 cover. :doh:

If you look through the Heritage archives, it is astounding where Kirby Thor/JIM covers were as recently as 2010 - they've gone parabolic since then.

I've noticed. I got my last daughter out of college in 2010 and thought maybe I'd splurge on a nice Thor piece; not even a cover, but a nice page, but no. I think lots of people in my age bracket (57) have decided to spend in this area. Sigh...

I'm just not willing (marginal utility is too low and the $ are too high)