• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May 2014

482 posts in this topic

What's really crazy is this price makes more sense than the McSpidey cover!

Yeah it just feels like a big sale more than a complete outlier like that one did

$71,700 for the Thor #154 cover. :doh:

If you look through the Heritage archives, it is astounding where Kirby Thor/JIM covers were as recently as 2010 - they've gone parabolic since then.

Uh, everything "nice" has gone parabolic since then, especially classic 60s and 80s material.

If you look through the Heritage archives, it is astounding where Kirby Thor/JIM covers were as recently as 2010 - they've gone parabolic since then.

Uh, everything "nice" has gone parabolic since then, especially classic 60s and 80s material.

wouldn't parabolic mean up and then down? (I let it go the first time but couldn't stand it a 2nd!)

wouldn't parabolic mean up and then down? (I let it go the first time but couldn't stand it a 2nd!)

Good point! Serves me right for assuming Gene knows what he's talking about. I won't let that happen again ;)

Good point! Serves me right for assuming Gene knows what he's talking about. I won't let that happen again ;)

I almost busted out "I don't think that word means what you think it means" from The Princess Bride but that is too much work, going to youtube and all that.

Going to see The Princess Bride at a midnight showing with my wife and daughters! Sort of a warmup for getting their pic with Cary Elwes at Comipalooza. In honor of that.

I don't think that word means what you think it does

Really?Tonight? there is no such thing as coincidence Alex.

"Parabolic moves" in a market context only refer to the upward portion to the right of the inflection point. :makepoint:

well you should have said that then.

what is this, a boiler room?

Alex, hook me up with a Belushi saying "well, excuuuuuuuse me"

"Parabolic moves" in a market context only refer to the upward portion to the right of the inflection point. :makepoint:
Your authoritative tone and sprightly emoticon almost gives your extemporization a verisimilitude of truth. Almost.

:jokealert:

Man, I was looking over my bids. That Alex Raymond Flash Gordon is just sooo purty, but as a middle-pool art guy I couldn't buy that if I traded/sold my whole collection for it.

But it is just so beautiful. And the Little Nemo was pretty groovy as well.

Maybe I will snag the Mutt and Jeff tomorrow! Not quite the same though.

Won one of the three covers I wanted, stuck in the worst traffic on the LIE, prevented bidding on the one I really wanted :(

So yes, going to up my game on clink

Amused that the Wolverine page went for the exact amount that McSpidey ASM 328 went for. Thought for sure it was going to break that benchmark.

More in my pool, I wish I had made a run at the McKean Arkham DPS. Even with no Joker or Bats, under $8K seems like a steal. Oh well....

Definitely some crazy activity overall though.

well you should have said that then.

what is this, a boiler room?

Alex, hook me up with a Belushi saying "well, excuuuuuuuse me"

Investor Dictionary: Parabolic Move (shrug)

Raymond Flash Gordon Sunday goes for $215,100. :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

I am just blown away. I love Raymond Flash Gordons--to me, they along with Hal Foster`s Tarzan and Prince Valiant, represent the absolute apex of comic strip art.

But this is not even a complete piece, and it`s gone for more than 3X what Raymond Flash Gordons have been going for in recent years. And although it`s wonderful, it`s not even close to being one of Raymond`s best Flash Gordons. Just incredible.